Who we are
The Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking (The Centre) is a national charity dedicated to ending human trafficking in Canada. To achieve this, we are committed to engaging with and providing support to victims, survivors, and stakeholders, including social service providers, law enforcement agencies, corporate partners, and government. We do this through education and awareness, policy development and advocacy, research and data collection, and convening and knowledge transfer.
We have available a full-time position for a highly organized and collaborative individual to work as Data Analyst. This is a new role within the organization and the successful candidate will be responsible for shaping this function in all its aspects under the direction of the Data Manager.
The Centre is currently spearheading the design, development, and launch of Canada’s first national human trafficking hotline. The primary priority of the hotline is to provide localized and immediate response to victims of human trafficking. The second priority is to compile data from the hotline to contribute to the disruption of trafficking networks, as well as to advise on policy reform at the national, provincial, and municipal government levels. Information from the hotline will help to inform awareness and prevention campaigns, training of officials and service providers, knowledge and service gap analysis, legislative advocacy, and law enforcement investigations.
Working under the supervision of the Data Manager, the Data Analyst will assist with the operational maintenance and structure of the hotline’s database through data integrity, accuracy, security and reporting. These activities will ensure The Centre’s contribution to victim and survivor response and support, policy-making, awareness raising, and trafficking network disruption is robust.
The activities that fall within the Data Analyst’s scope include:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of ongoing data/information accuracy, integrity, and quality control procedures
- Provide assistance with analysis and interpretation of statistical and other quantitative data
- Provide support with sourcing and compiling secondary source statistical and other quantitative reports and summaries to support analysis
- Ensure that data and information systems are maintained, reviewed, and modified, as needed, for data quality
- Ensure that data and information systems are maintained and modified, as needed, to correspond with the organization’s IT architecture, network, and infrastructure, as well as the organization’s human resource capacities and skills
- Engage in new software assessment and software service provision
- Assist with establishing analysis protocols and methodologies related to external data sets
- Help with designing and maintaining all processes and protocols related to data integrity, storage, and security
- Assist with developing and maintaining ongoing data/information accuracy and quality control procedures
- Assist with providing on-site technical support to staff as well as on-call after-hours hotline support in the event of outages or other urgent data issues
- Create and maintain ongoing frameworks and templates for analysis and display of data
- Produce statistical and information reports with a particular emphasis on visual display of data
- Support data extraction and analysis in the preparation of data sets for requesters and perform quality assurance checks on those data sets
- Provide analytical support to the Data Manager
- Assist with training of colleagues and new staff on all data software and systems, including designing training modules and programs as necessary
- Generate and analyze reports for mandatory data/information reporting to appropriate authorities
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. sociology, social science research, data analytics, statistics, or other field concerned with data-focused research and analysis) or an acceptable equivalent in education and/or experience
- Three years’ professional experience preferred, including maintenance of data systems, research and analysis, data accuracy, integrity, security and reporting
- Superior skills in quantitative analysis, communication of quantitative information, and research required
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency working with CRM software, including running data reports, and the ability to train others on it in depth
- Experience with excellent documentation practices
- Familiarity with statistical de-identification techniques for sensitive datasets
- Experience using statistical software an asset (i.e. SPSS)
- Previous experience working with a hotline, call centre, or other inbound call/text environment requiring data collection and real-time response capabilities an asset
- French language proficiency is an asset
Qualities and Skills
- Critical, analytical, and strategic thinker with evident commitment to innovation and creative problem-solving
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on being able to explain statistical information to a non-statistical audience
- Emotional maturity and demonstrate discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Flexible and able to work collaboratively as a part of a small organization
- Ability to assume responsibility and to work independently, prioritizing and exercising sound judgement in sensitive matters
- Must be able to work with several projects whose goals, schedules and deadlines converge and conflict
- Demonstrate flexibility, openness to change, ability and willingness to learn continuously
Survivors of human trafficking are encouraged to apply.
The Centre respects and adheres to the Ontario Human Rights Code in all recruitment, hiring and staffing practices.
The Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Please note that all employees are subject to a criminal background check.