Bellwoods is a charitable, not-for-profit organization providing community based and client needs based support services, including independent living education programs for people with physical disabilities.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and managing financial and ministry reporting and acts as a lead in the preparation of annual budgets as well as the annual audited financial statements. This role will also provide leadership and support to other finance staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas
- Reviewing journal entries prepared by more junior staff and sign off and do the entry
- Providing all journal entries for review to finance manager monthly
- Researching and resolving inquiries for supervisors/directors at different sites
- Preparing all Financial Reporting requirements package
- Performing Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Researching and preparing variance analysis and explanations
- Preparing reporting packages: Annual Revenue Reconciliation; Charity Tax; Rental Subsidy reporting; GST/Canadian filings/audits, where applicable; Audit Engagement Schedules.
- Problem solving issues that arise for less senior finance staff in performing their work
- Leading special projects to improve process efficiency and outcomes.
- Assisting in payroll, accounts payable and receivables when required and providing back-up for vacations, illnesses, etc.
- Participating in the preparation of annual operating budgets and annual audited financial statements
- Communicating in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting, finance or business and/or be near completion of an accounting designation
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Have intermediate or advanced training with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains would be an asset
- Have a sound knowledge of management accounting principles and financial accounting principles (IFRS)
- Be proficient with data query/analysis tools
- Be analytical and detail orientated when it comes to financial data
- Be quick to respond to requests for service from all of your clients
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities while keeping your eye on the prize
- Openly share your knowledge with the team
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with your interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive on succeeding in a team environment
- Have a thorough understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Demonstrate strong research and analysis skills
- Quickly adapt and learn new tasks independently
- Share your excellent organization skills with the team
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills in a management role within a leading healthcare sector organization.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls please, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.