Reporting to TO Live’s General Manager, Food and Beverage, the Events Manager will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and execution of corporate, private and social internal and external events.
ACTIVITITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for operational components of all assigned events once contracted by Sales Managers. Coordination of all elements of events while managing event process which may include executing client meetings, preparing event details, creating and monitoring event budgets and sourcing external resources if required.
- Liaise with all other required departments when planning and executing an event and insure timely completion of all event components as per client’s requirements.
- Work with Executive Chef and the client to determine a proper menu for each event. Must coordinate menu planning meetings as required with all relevant parties.
- Must be available to clients at all times during their events while observing and managing key service components of events.
- Responsible for coordinating non-food supplies required for each event, including but not limited to linens and laundry suppliers, staffing agencies, equipment rental companies and florists.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident of fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action that may be appropriate.
- Responsible for coordinating the layout for the event space according to the clients’ requirements and health & safety requirements. This relates to but is not limited to tables, seating, food stations, coat check, bars, food service areas, clearing stations, entertainment, dance floor and decor either with internal or external vendors to help supply equipment.
- Determine appropriate number of staff (service and bar) required to deliver on event requirements.
- Organize, lead and motivate the catering team including but not limited to internal and external staffing resources to deliver event requirements.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed by all staff working during set-up for events and event day.
- Report any faulty equipment to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Ensure that all employees project a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image.
- Work with Sales Manager to ensure that all costs and expenditures are within the budgeted levels agreed upon in the estimate.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff.
- Keep financial and administrative records of any changes that may affect the final billing for each event.
- Ensure appropriate product inventory is taken prior to and at the conclusion of each event.
- Any and all other assigned duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma required; preference for post-secondary degree, in a related field, preferably Hospitality and/or Event Planning.
- Five to eight years’ experience in event management.
- The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Focus on maximizing revenue consistent with providing the client with value and exceptional service.
- Effective management skills within a unionized environment.
- Ability to manage simultaneous deadlines.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required; knowledge and experience in the event management booking software is preferred. Experience with Auto/Turbo CAD and asset.
- Strong initiative and hospitality orientation; Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment, discreet and able to maintain confidential information.
- Extreme noise during some events.
- Physical discomfort caused by lack of formal meal or comfort breaks.
- Ability to stand and walk freely and quickly for long period of time.
- Variable hours of work depending on event schedules.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Occasional objectionable odours in workplace.
- Travel between CTT venues as required.
Previously known as Civic Theatres Toronto, TO Live is one of the city's largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues and presenting a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events in both downtown and uptown Toronto at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and the Toronto Centre for the Arts. With two hubs of creativity and content creation in both downtown and uptown Toronto, TO Live has a unique place and perspective in Toronto. The mission of TO Live is to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto's diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Events Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: March 15, 2019
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Interviews with qualified candidate(s) will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.