Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, supporting healthcare providers to deliver exceptional diabetes care, funding research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery channels to support the needs of those we serve. Combined with this is our complete support of developing tools and fund-raising programs which support the raising of funds for our mission.
About the Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships Role
The Account Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, to drive revenue growth and strengthen relationships on accounts of strategic importance by focusing on high-impact account management activities including support for the development and implementation of contractual partnership agreements, account planning, pipeline management, and support for the delivery of revenue generating corporate partnership program initiatives.
Highlights of the role include:
- Support the implementation of the vertical strategy as defined by the Senior Manager;
- Employ a professional and collaborative approach to growing strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners;
- Maintain, using best practice approaches, prospect/relationship management through the stages of cultivation, stewardship and renewal through a standardized national account management system;
- Provide performance status reports to Senior Manager as requested;
- Generate custom, compelling and strategic fund development support materials including briefing notes, proposals, and stewardship reports;
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions, and reports through hard and soft copy files, and within the Association’s customer relationship management system D-Hub and other required locations (i.e. shared drives);
- Implement various strategies throughout DC to ensure deliverables and goals of the partnerships are realized and ensure that the sponsorship/agreements are fully paid;
- Maintain strong connections and open and frequent communication with internal program leads, as it relates to program and strategy implementation to meet all Operation Plan milestones as established by partnership agreements (i.e. signage at events, website recognition, annual reporting);
- Develop and produce financial and CRM reports as required;
- Support the Senior Manager in his/her role;
- Work with the Senior Manager to establish new processes and mechanisms where required;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Post-secondary degree
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical devices industries.
- Understanding of diabetes an asset but not a requirement
- 3+ years of corporate fundraising experience or other relevant business experience
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Exceptional organizational skills required to balance multiple customer priorities
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate others
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen
- Excellent relationship building/account management skills
- Experience in a matrix organization
- Executive presence
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- The chance to interact and collaborate with others in a meaningful role within an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes
- The opportunity to work with teams of individuals making a difference every day to improve the lives of millions of people
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.