Position: Finance Coordinator
Location: Provincial Office
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
The Schizophrenia Society of Ontario (SSO) is a charitable health organization supporting individuals, families, caregivers and communities affected by schizophrenia and psychosis across the province since 1979. Our aim is to make positive changes in the lives of people affected by schizophrenia and psychotic illness by building supportive communities through services, education, advocacy and research into the social factors that directly affect mental illness. We are a community leader and fill a critical service gap for families who use our services.
We are looking for a stellar finance professional with a proven track record of providing outstanding finance support. A creative and organized multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail, you can demonstrate experience in the preparation and analysis of financial records and statements, development of organizational budgets and government reporting.
You are strategic and ensure accuracy and compliance with existing guidelines, policies and procedures. You are a positive person with initiative and a team player who can prioritize and re-prioritize tasks as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support for the general ledger including data entry in GP Dynamics for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and the Local Health Integrated Networks (LHINs) and compliance with Ontario Health Reporting (OHR) standards as well as financial reports for month end review
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of government reporting including LHINs and MOHLTC
- Takes a leadership role on GP Dynamics upgrades and liaises with CCIM to resolve any deficiencies
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and forecasts
- Maintains accounting procedures including processing of invoices, adjustments to account allocations, balance sheet accounts and payroll support and back-up in GP Dynamics
- Ensures adherence to reporting requirements of government funders, foundations and corporate donors
- Assists with the preparation of organizational budgets and other financial reports as requested by the Director of Finance and Administration
- Responsible for accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Provides assistance with year-end audit and assists in the preparation of required documentation
- Provides process suggestions and implements improvements on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- University degree in related field required
- Three to five years relevant experience required
- Thorough understanding of legislation and regulations governing non-profit charitable organizations
- Experience developing operational budgets in support of organizational goals and activities
- Experience in investments, donation management and revenue monitoring
Relevant Skills and Attributes:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, accurate, organized, analytical and a good problem solver
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate level technical skills required
- Experience with GP Dynamics, HRIS and MS Office Suite required
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Moderate level of physical effort for short periods required
- Works in a traditional office setting; no travel required
- Little exposure to hazards or difficult circumstances
The Schizophrenia Society of Ontario is committed to equity in employment and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by March 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.