|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Springboard||Full Time||Manager (Supervisor of Staff)||N/A||2019-08-12||2019-08-19|
Springboard's mandate is to build stronger communities by helping youth and adults develop the skills they need to reach their full potential. As a charitable organization, we deliver innovative, professional and diverse programming by establishing partnerships between our clients and their community. Springboard’s program areas include community justice, employment and developmental services.
Internal / External Posting
Position Title: Communications & Fund Development Manager
Department: Communications & Fund Development
Location: 2 Carlton Street, Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full-time Permanent
Vacancy Number: HOF-N19-46
Hours/Shifts: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 pm
Schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs.
Reporting to the Director, Operations and working with the management team, the Communications & Fund Development Manager will be responsible for raising the awareness of Springboard’s Programs and Services together with revenue generation. This role has primary responsibility for overall strategic communications and ensures a consistent brand and market presence for the organization. You will plan and execute a communications strategy to support fund development and the overall awareness of Springboard’s programs and services. A focus of program related fund development includes; solicitation of corporate donations, private foundation support, and events (e.g. the annual golf marathon).
In this standalone position, this role works collaboratively with the senior management team and staff at various levels of the organization to translate and synthesize strategic program ideas, relevant research and evaluation and key organizational messages into requests for support. You will develop a viable framework for building new relationships with potential donors as well as maintain and nurture relationships with established donors. In the role, you are expected to demonstrate professionalism through excellence in knowledge, judgement and behaviour. In the course of your duties, you will consistently demonstrate our core values of inclusivity, collaboration, innovation, care, and integrity.
• Communications and Social Media
Manage the organization’s brand image and serve as the brand “voice” on social media and all external communications. Oversee the organization’s overall communications planning, working closely with Program Managers to support all program related priorities. Utilize data and analytics to track the impact and reach of Springboard’s social media content across all platforms. Proactively deepen relationships with existing donors, partners and sponsors through regular donor communications. (e.g. Donor report). Responsible for internal communications. Responsible for the overall production of the Annual Report.
• Fund Development
Work closely with the Program Management team to write proposals for government (various levels), foundations and corporations, to ensure they are compliant and reflect Springboard’s reputation as a leading multi-service organization in Ontario. Research opportunities for proposal development in areas closely aligned with program priorities. Manage all funding requests throughout the life cycle of funder responses, including collaborating closely with the management team and staff resources to understand and meet deadlines. Coordinate all aspects of fund development and sponsorship for events. Analyze trends in Canadian fund development, identify opportunities and challenges and develop strategies to inform and ensure fund development goals are met.
• Post-secondary degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing, fundraising or related field
• 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services environment with exposure to large scale, complex proposal request development
• Experience in individual/corporate fund development and in coordinating special events.
• Strong knowledge of social media and digital marketing strategies, best practices, and analysis
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), and email marketing services (preferably MailChimp)
• Strong knowledge of content marketing principles and related areas such as search engine optimization and writing for the web
• Experience with social media scheduling, listening, aggregator and reporting tools.
• Experience developing a variety of content (e.g. written content, infographics, webinars, videos
• Experience executing paid campaigns on Facebook and Twitter
• Demonstrated experience using Google Analytics and other analytics platforms
• Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills
• Strong personal and professional integrity
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with a focus on content and style.
• Passion to produce a high quality and quantity of work, often under tight timelines, with an obvious commitment to client service (internal and external)
• Enthusiasm to collaborate, excel and deliver outcomes in a team environment.
• Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to maintain flexibility in managing multiple project deadlines while still being able to provide support to other departments as required
• Knowledge of community justice, employment and developmental disabilities
• Image and video editing skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems (preferably WordPress)
• Hootsuite and Google Analytics certifications
• Membership and active involvement in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
• Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) Designation
Posting Period: August 12, 2019
To be considered for employment at Springboard, applicants must be willing to undergo a police clearance/VSS, occupational medical assessment and provide both references and documentation of their credentials. Please apply via Charity Village. To be considered you must include the vacancy number while applying.
Deadline for Internal applicants: August 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Please provide your Cover Letter and Resume and a duly completed Application for Internal Transfer form (as applicable).
Deadline for External applicants: August 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Please provide your Cover Letter and Resume.
Resumes received after the above-stated deadline/s will be considered at the discretion of the hiring supervisor.
No phone calls please. Only persons selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying.
Springboard is committed to employment equity and fair and accessible employment practices. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community. Accommodations will be provided for job applicant with disabilities, where needed and on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the vacant position.