ADAPT (Halton Alcohol Drug and Gambling Assessment Prevention and Treatment Services) is one of the largest and most diversified treatment agencies in Ontario. We offer a full spectrum of services to clients experiencing concerns with addictions, mental health or concurrent disorders, as well as to their families and loved ones.
Become part of the ADAPT team; the team that makes a difference, supports its employees in their career development and creates a positive environment to work in.
We are hiring for a Data Management Coordinator
Term: 1.0FTE fixed-term contract starting ASAP, ending in January 2021
Location: Burlington ON
SUMMARY: Responsible for the management of the agency client database, implementation of data quality initiatives and improving the flow of information and use of client information. Provides administrative support in regards to agency communications and operational functions. Team Lead for Intake Coordinator and Administrative Assistant roles & responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Client Database Technical Operations:
- ensures optimized use of the Catalyst system for accurate collection of statistical client information, improving the efficiency of data collection, processing, submission and retrieval to meet the objectives of ADAPT and agency funders
- analyzes data to ensure accuracy and data quality and recommends process changes if required
- designs and applies worksheets/reports to gather statistical information and prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical reports and comparisons
- acts as liaison between counsellors and other administrative staff with respect to file management and Catalyst issues
- monitors agency client waitlist, reports information to senior management and works with program managers to improve processes when possible
- manages terminated files system with off-site storage facility, processes requests for terminated file retrieval and manages year-end processes
- develops, maintains and updates ADAPT’s Catalyst training manual as new modules/processes occur
- provides Catalyst and data entry procedures training to new staff, train staff on new procedures and meet with teams annually for re-training
Client File Management:
- assists Counsellors with client file management, including, but not limited to the creation of new files, deactivation and storage of files for discharged clients, to ensure completeness of non-clinical content, according to established standards
- assists counsellors with tracking and recording group attendance as needed
- ensures client files are properly stored and maintained according to agency procedures
- provides OTN training, facilitating & development
- ensures compliance across agency with Outlook scheduling & meeting room bookings
- works with agency One-Link lead to ensure One-Link client referral database is maintained and up-to-date as required.
- manages, develops and updates ADAPT’s intranet page
- monitors and updates group schedules on ADAPT website
- participates in agency marketing committee
- provides shared back-up coverage for Intake Coordinator for vacation and sick days, see Intake Coordinator job description for details
- manages and coordinates the collection of client surveys for various reports as required
- assists in the development of best practices related to data management and maintains a procedure manual for this role
- reviews and improves administrative processes and ensures work plans for changes required
- follows ADAPT confidentiality guidelines
- carries out special projects, as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Manager, Finance and Administration
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to enter the position.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: University degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in a related administrative role or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in a healthcare environment would be preferred; supervisory experience would be an asset.
- LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documentation such as client files, operating instructions, procedures manuals and reports. Ability to effectively present information in writing and verbally. Ability to communicate effectively with clients and employees at all levels within the organization. Strong listening skills.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform accurate calculations using basic arithmetic concepts of addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to perform basic statistical analysis.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Good knowledge of and experience with database management in a healthcare setting with some knowledge of health information systems. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required and skills in other Microsoft application. Ability to learn new computer applications and software.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply understanding, based on experience, to carry out instructions given in written or oral form. Ability to resolve problems involving a large number of variables in standardized situations. Ability to deal with administrative and ‘people’ challenges.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Attention to detail, very organized, able to work independently as well as part of a team, good people skills, compassionate and empathetic and able to work under stress.
- PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION: Regular access to a dependable vehicle is required.
- DEVELOPMENTAL EXPECTATIONS: As technology evolves, and as ADAPT modifies operating practices, employees will be required to upgrade their skills and knowledge to keep pace with those changes. The employee in this position will be expected to take advantage of training opportunities, as required.
ADAPT is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.