Position: Director of Client Care Services, RN
Working Hours: 37.5/Week; Monday –Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (May include Evenings and Weekends)
Reporting to: C.E.O.
As part of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Client Care Services works in partnership with the multidisciplinary team member to provide a client and family-centered care to ESS clients. Ensures that Client Care Services goals and objectives are in line with the organization's vision, mission, and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate client care in consultation with the client and their families
- Responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation, and assessment of ESS client care and Case Management Programs and Services
- Plans, coordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of Intakes, Referral and, Assessment activities within ESS in a manner that maximizes base funding and ensures access to other available funding initiatives
- Collaborate with clients, interdisciplinary team and communities to develop, implement and evaluate health promotions and illness prevention programs. Works as a navigator to ensure the appropriate referrals and connections to other services and programs that would enable the clients to achieve their health goals
- Establishes and maintains an effective quality and risk management system to ensure legislative regulations and standards are met
- Participates in strategic planning and accreditation activities
- Provide education and registered nursing care to clients in various ESS programs and home visits
- Participate in community needs assessments and program development
- Provide training and mentorship to other members of the team
- Provide consultative services to institutes, association and health care organizations regarding issues and concern relevant to the nursing practice
- Participate in Client Care Services committees and external committees as required. Perform other administrative duties and other duties as required
- Masters Degree in Nursing Science or equivalent education
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Gerontological Nurse Certificate an asset
- Minimum one year of experience working with seniors as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse in a Managerial/Director capacity
- Must have demonstrated leadership and customer service skills
- Must have demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate; Valid Vulnerable Sector Records Check
- Access to own vehicle is required
We thank all applicants, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) ESS Support Services will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
ESS Support Services is a not-for-profit agency committed to supporting seniors in their desire to remain in their own homes and their community.