Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is seeking an adept multi-tasker and quick study to take on the role of Coordinator, Program & Business Development. The Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of administrative, communications and logistical duties in support of Evergreen’s Program Design and Business Development activities. The Coordinator will be part of a high-performing team that works to advance new and evolving initiatives to realize our vision of flourishing cities – cities that are low-carbon, inclusive, and sustainable at their core. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving environment and provides proactive, accurate and timely support to a professional team. They are extremely well-organized, and see how small details can shape and inform the big picture in crucial ways.
- Support team members in planning, tracking and documenting initiative timelines, milestones, and outcomes; assemble and share progress updates
- Contribute to assembling opportunity assessment briefs, business development plans, logical models and conceptual models for new and evolving initiatives.
- Maintain efficient information management and sharing systems, including developing and implementing improvements
- Coordinate and support internal and external meetings, including scheduling, minutes-taking, and sending follow-up briefs
- Support prospect/client research and proposal development, including copy-editing and simple document design
- Provide administrative support to senior leader
- Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization
- Participate in special projects and perform additional tasks assigned
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen, write and develop presentations/graphics in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of team members and other stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
- Supervised by: Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives
- Supervises: N/A
- Works in close coordination with Director of Business Development, Program Directors and Managers, Office of Project Management, and senior Executive member
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ professional experience in administrative, coordination, communications, or project management roles
- Proficient in MS Office, familiar with collaborative platforms and other workflow supports
- Advanced skill in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or familiarity with InDesign or other desktop publishing applications (an asset)
- Outstanding listening and communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of project management tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with design thinking approaches and/or business plan development (an asset)
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional evening or weekend work
Terms of contract: Full Time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Program and Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.