Youthdale is seeking an experienced individual to fill the role of Director of Psychology on contract for 15 months, to cover a maternity leave. Reporting to the Director, Clinical Services, and working collaboratively as a vital member of an interdisciplinary team leading clinical vision, the Director of Psychology ensures Youthdale’s purpose statement, guiding principles, and values are reflected in the ongoing operation of the department to promote a therapeutic and effective milieu for clients and their families/ caregivers/SDM, and staff.
Areas of Responsibilities
As Director of Psychology, you will:
- Identify and address any challenges or opportunities connected to the delivery of service in the psychology
- Attend and provide leadership in the following forums: Director's Meeting, Outpatient Intake (psychology), and Outpatient
- Participate in outreach and partnership building with community partners and attend meetings with community partners including participation in the Health Access St. James Town Youth Opportunities Project. Participate as a representative of Youthdale on committees as a representative of Youthdale on committees as required.
- Ensure that support, supervision, training and oversight are provided to all psychology staff, psychology residents and consultants (psychology, speech and language and occupational therapy).
- Participate in program development, program evaluation and staff training.
- Provide effective and supportive consultation to the staff team.
- Ensure all "Incident Reports" and "Serious Occurrences" are completed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of the overall activity and individual clients receiving service.
- Provide approximately 1 to 2 comprehensive assessments, or equivalent, per month to Youthdale clients.
- Provide administrative oversight and reports related to the department and the agency as a whole, as appropriate.
- Provide direct individual supervision to psychology residents related to their assessments and therapy cases. Participates in Toronto Area Residency Consortium (TARC) residency program as required.
- Flag any serious concerns to the Director, Clinical Services or designate, immediately.
- Ensure College of Psychology registration for consultants is on file and provides oversight and quality assurance of consultant cases.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Clinical Services.
- PhD in Clinical
- Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Leadership and supervision
- Training and experience working with children, adolescents, transitional age youth and families
- Strong knowledge of the occurrence and range of child and youth mental health disorders and difficulties as well as of the social determinants of health and the social consequences ad risk factors associated with serious mental
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-needs
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and to write clear concise reports and documentation.
- Strong Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills
- Ability to provide and supervise assessment and individual and/or group therapy
- Ability to provide effective and supportive supervision to the staff
- Personal alignment with Youthdale’s guiding principles
About Youthdale Treatment Centres
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to email@example.com. Please insert Director of Psychology in the subject line.