Location: Our office is located in Toronto, Ontario, but the position location is flexible, for the right fit candidate
Wage and Hours: 24 hours/week, $43/hour. Eight-month contract with potential for renewal
GreenPAC is a non-partisan, non-profit organization working to elect and support environmental leaders running for office. We work to build leadership in major political parties, and have run successful endorsement campaigns in the Federal (2015), Manitoba (2016), B.C. (2017) and Ontario (2018) elections. In fall 2018, we launched Canada’s first Parliamentary Internship Program for the Environment, placing future environmental leaders with MPs from every major political party on Parliament Hill. We are a small team with an ambitious mandate, and are based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager, Fundraising will review, develop, expand and implement strategies to increase our donor/sponsorship revenues and enhance our stewardship in support of our mission and activities.
- Design and implement a ladder of engagement for individual donors; develop successful cultivation strategies to identify and secure new donors and to increase major donor giving levels
- Drive the acquisition of new corporate and foundation partners and sponsors
- Create and implement a plan to provide outstanding donor and sponsorship stewardship
- Proactively deepen relationships with existing donors, partners and sponsors; create opportunities to develop new senior level relationships
- Identify opportunities in campaigns and outreach activities for fundraising
- Work directly with the Fundraising Committee to help identify prospects and implement successful cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Assist with recruiting and training senior fundraising volunteers;
- Equip staff, Board members, Advisors and volunteers to take an active role in fundraising efforts
- Ensure quantitative and qualitative data on fund development is maintained
- Provide input and advice to the Executive Director on grant applications and fundraising materials
- Lead in meeting an ambitious revenue target of an additional $200,000/year for new programs
- Attend after hours events as required.
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in fundraising with expertise in individual and/or corporate giving, event management and sponsorships.
- Proven track record in achieving revenue targets
- Demonstrated success managing an existing group of donors/partners/sponsors, developing and maintaining relationships while growing the revenue base
- Managing multiple, changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Strategic thinking with strong analytical skills. Ability to manage and analyze financial performance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in technology (Windows Office Suite, Nation Builder)
- Knowledge of and interest in politics; passion for addressing environmental issues
- Ability to speak French an asset
GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until we find a suitable candidate. Start date is ideally January 2019.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you upload a cover letter in the Cover Letter & Other Documents section of the application.