|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Mississauga Christian Academy||Contract - Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-08-13||2019-10-11|
It is our mission to employ the finest educational resources and personnel to achieve our pursuit of educational excellence and character development while faithfully sharing the gospel. It is our vision to partner with and support families in training their children.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
MCA is seeking an energetic OCT teacher with two years of experience to carry out the professional duties in accordance with the school's policies and in compliance with the Ontario Ministry of Education under the direction of the Principal. The teacher will be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, ability to teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and demonstrate students success and achievement.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY TASKS
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
1. Use “Growing Success Document” as best practice standard as directed by Principal through internally modified published policy documents;
2. identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
3. setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
4. be aware of and make provision for students who have particular individual needs;
5. providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
6. maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
7. Using a variety of teaching methods to:
8. ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support; liaise with the Principal to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
1. Assessment, evaluation and reporting practices are based on the Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines.
2. Undertake assessment of students and participate in the school’s system reporting to parents.
1. Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school's work
2. develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance;
1. Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students;
2. Mentor, pray and share the gospel with students when appropriate;
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor Degree in Education, Certified by the Ontario College of Teachers; Christian School Teaching Certificate (Edvance)
2. Ability to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure.
3. Outstanding writing and oral communication skills.
4. Must be competent with web-based communication and willingness to use new technology.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities,multi-task and meet deadlines.