Trafalgar Castle School is an all-girls day and boarding school situated in Whitby, Ontario. We’ve been around a long time (est. 1874) and may be small in size but we’re big in heart and even bigger when it comes to bold ideas.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of:
Database and Administrative Coordinator
Ideally, you have worked with Raiser’s Edge NXT and you think strategically about the way data is captured, creatively about the way it’s used, and above all, you have a keen eye for detail.
We believe in investing in and supporting our staff, and hope to find that special someone who wants to learn and grow professionally here at our beautiful Castle. We need someone who is driven, who sets his or her eye on the prize and goes for it, but who does so with an understanding of and respect for our mission, vision and values. You’ll report to the Director of Advancement and be an important member of the Advancement team.
Rooted in database management, this position will always have organization and strategic use of Raiser’s Edge NXT at its core but it will also require lots of flexibility. The Advancement Office is new and, as it evolves, the requirements of all team members will shift. Adaptability, openness and an eagerness to help make this office successful are essential skills.
- A minimum of a secondary school diploma but a Post-Secondary Education in Information Sciences, Computer Sciences, Fundraising Management or other relevant field is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with immense attention to detail (if there is a comma out of place you will find it!).
- 1-3 years of data base experience (ideally with Raiser’s Edge NXT) and an understanding that an Advancement Office is only as good as its data.
- Experience pulling queries, running reports, setting up dashboards and pipeline tools in preparation for a major gift strategy and/or capital campaign.
- Experience and/or interest in conducting individual research profiles.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel (familiarity with formulas, use of short cuts and advanced Excel functions that will help you analyze, interpret and cull data in a timely, efficient and accurate way).
- Familiarity working with or experience establishing strict rules for tracking information, naming files and entering data.
- A love for lists and data – this role will spend a lot of time looking at spreadsheets and data files to find patterns in our donor activity, culling reports and manipulating various lists to help determine fundraising strategies.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, interpretive and evaluative skills that will assist in administrative decision-making and problem solving.
- Highly customer-service focused with great interpersonal skills.
- A natural problem solver, solution-oriented individual.
- A collaborative team player who is also able to work well independently.
- Although data-driven, you are also a flexible, open-minded person who is willing to brainstorm ideas, contribute new ways of thinking about a problem and open to trying new things.
- Experience working in or knowledge of independent school operations and philanthropic culture.
- Experience working with Mailchimp.
- Working knowledge of CORE and Crystal Reports.
- Experience working on small events.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
The Advancement Team is small so this role will wear many hats. The below list of responsibilities is not exhaustive.
Data base / working with donor data (60%)
- Responsible for overall hygiene of the database (cleaning up existing data, entering historic data to align with current formats, and establishing some best practices for any new data being entered).
- Track, input and update constituent information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Solve and troubleshoot problems to maximize database and application functionality.
- Design and deploy data reports and queries as requested.
- Design and generate customized reporting and establish automated processes as necessary.
- Create data codes for prospecting, developing reports and analyzing data for upcoming campaign tracking, and prospect identification and management.
- Complete research profiles and research tasks as required.
- Track and enter constituent information for reports and pledge reminders, completing gift pledge forms.
- Take note of patterns in the data and bring forward ideas for how you think it could be put to use.
- Make recommendations for new ways of looking at our data and/or data base that might streamline our processes.
- Identify areas of data you think might be missing as you get to know our pool of donors and offer solutions for how to find/capture/input that data.
Donation processing and receipting (20%)
- Work directly with business office to process donations and receipts.
- Field calls from donors about receipt issues and help to troubleshoot any problems with gift processing.
Communications/Event support (20%)
- Get to know our donor communications Calendar and pull required information in a timely fashion.
- Manage individual donor communications and prompt as well as help prepare the Director of Advancement for upcoming meetings and donor initiatives.
- Assist with donor event logistics (invites, RSVPS, catering coordination etc.).
- Work with communications office to ensure website, donation forms and fundraising content online echoes our ongoing initiatives.
- Work with vendors like graphic designers, Canada Post and our mail house to assist in Annual Fund communications deployment.
Working directly for the Director of Advancement, this is a great opportunity to learn and grow. Being in a small shop means you will be working on all aspects of Advancement: major gift strategy, building toward a capital campaign, communications, content creation, gift processing, pipeline building, annual fund growth, event execution, donor relations and recognition, and more.
Other benefits include:
- Working in a Castle! You’ll see when you get here, it’s a beautiful place to be.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Staff at Trafalgar Castle enjoy other perks like:
- Free parking
- Provided lunches (taxable benefit)
- RRSP matching
- Summer hours
- Half-day Fridays prior to long weekends
- Discounted tuition for children of staff
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 31, 2019.
Trafalgar Castle School thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trafalgar Castle School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources so that we may work with you to meet your needs. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.