Position: Financial-Accounting Officer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services, the Financial Accounting Officer is responsible for all matters relating to accounts payable, as well as providing assistance in the areas of cash management, accounts receivable invoice processing and financial analysis of special projects undertaken by St John Ambulance National Office
- Processing transactions as they relate to the accounts payable cycle in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the payment cycle including cheque, EFT, Wire transfers, and ACH processing and ensuring all items being processed have been authorized and coded correctly.
- Responsible for the processing and reconciling of accounts receivable invoices to the Provincial Councils for monthly Service Fees, software licenses, projects and other recoverable expenses.
- Responsible for Deferred Revenue reconciliation, and revenue recognition for special projects.
- Assist National Accounts department to ensure account payments are distributed in a timely manner, and reconcile them.
- Responsible for preparing weekly deposits for various accounts.
- Responsible for reconciling accrued liability, prepaid expenses and other receivables on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis all bank accounts, credit card payments and donations
- Complete HST returns for the National Office, provincial sales tax returns for the provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Quebec.
- Familiar with procedures to claim GST, HST, and QST rebates for Charities.
- Responsible for processing and updating the National Office, staff attendance records with respect to vacation, sick leave, medical appointments and special leave
- Prepare year-end schedules and other documentation required for annual audit.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education required: Bachelor's Degree in accounting or College diploma in accounting with experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience in Great Plains is an asset
- Bilingualism English-French is an asset
- Highly organized and the ability to work unsupervised
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
All interested candidates to submit their application by Friday June 21, 2019.
St. John Ambulance is a federation of charitable organizations that operates in all provinces and territories of Canada, and over 40 countries around the world. It is Canada’s premier first aid training organization, and delivers first responder, therapy dog and other community services to Canadians through approximately 12,000 front-line volunteers.
St. John Ambulance is an equal employment opportunity employer.
St. John Ambulance thanks you for your interest. If your skills and experience are a strong match for this position, we will be in contact with you.