St Jude Community Homes is a private non-profit organization providing both support services and permanent, safe, affordable housing for adults recovering from mental illness. A place to call home and a community of belonging.
St. Jude Community Homes is looking for an energetic, organized, demonstrated leader to take the role of Program Manager as a part of our management team. Applicants should be individuals who thrive working in a busy, deadline oriented and diverse environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is responsible for:
- Managing support and program teams - Resource Workers, Chefs and individuals in supported employment programs – including staffing, scheduling and managing the employees in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Overseeing and ensuring quality support and service standards including support and tenancies for all residents, community development activities, the food program, and student placements. This includes fostering community partnerships and on-going liaison with referring agencies; ensuring accurate confidential records are maintained related to residents, staff and administrative requirements; being responsible for department budgets.
- Maintaining St Jude Community Homes Operations by:
- Recording service statistics:
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to legislative requirements;
- Oversees quarterly Health and Safety Unit Inspections;
- Participates in tenant education regarding fire safety procedures;
- Represent the Executive Director or her designate in her absence;
- Prepare monthly program report for the Executive Director or her designate and other reporting as required;
- Promotes equity and accessibility to services and supports;
- Identifies and develops programs to address trends and themes in the broader sector and among resident population to ensure needs are met;
- Promoting St. Jude Community Homes by representing St. Jude Community Homes in the broader community; liaising on significant issues which may impact on their resident or other community members.
- Supporting the Board and Leadership Team on the organization’s Quality Roadmap, as well as acting as a key resource and coach to organizational quality improvement teams
- Contributing to the overall management of St. Jude Community Homes, including working closely and in collaboration with the Manager of Building Services and Finance Manager.
- Responding to on call issues or emergencies.
All applicants wishing consideration will have as a minimum:
- University degree in social services or in a related field;
- Three years’ demonstrated knowledge and experience managing a team of more than 10 employees;
- Five years working with people who have a mental illness;
- Knowledge and application of Mental Health Recovery, Principles of Psychosocial Support, Harm Reduction strategies and Trauma Informed approaches, adult education and providing service to individuals living with a range of disabilities;
- Knowledge of the resident population and sensitivity to issues and challenges. Awareness of visible and non-visible disabilities individuals are living with and an ability to provide effective service to these individuals ;
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention and Occupational Health and Safety an asset;
- Familiar with the application of OCAN and IAR;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of the Residential Tenancy Act
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of Quality Improvement and Strategic Plans – identifying, implementing and monitoring key indicators and outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to provide support, including mental health, addictions counselling, basic life management skills, assertive communication, setting goals, managing change
- Organizational and time management skills coupled with strong interpersonal and team work skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in quality improvement and change leadership methods, as well as experience in applying these methods to improvement initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and the ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets;
- Experience with partnerships and funders is considered and asset.
St Jude offers employees’ a salary commensurate with experience as well a benefit’s package and group RRSP.
We encourage you to review our website to learn more about us at http://www.sjch.ca.
Successful applicants will have applied on Charity Village with their resume and a cover letter explaining why they are a good fit for the role along with their salary expectations prior March 31, 2019.
We would like to thank all interested applicants. Unfortunately only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.