ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) is a highly respected, bilingual not-for-profit association providing services and benefits to over 2,000 Alternative Dispute Resolution professionals (mediators, arbitrators, etc), our 7 regional affiliates, corporate members and the public. We offer an excellent opportunity to join and grow with an interesting organization!
We seek someone with solid proficiency in full cycle bookkeeping and with some technology and administrative experience to support our organization’s daily operations.
Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset, as are French language skills. We are a small, very busy office of six staff, and need someone who can "hit the ground running" and work with a sense of urgency.
Full Cycle Bookkeeping for ADRIC and four of its small affiliates in Quickbooks
- Accounts Payable and Receivable, and collection follow-up
- Inter-company transactions
- Government form filing (HST, Industry Canada, etc.)
- Banking and Reconciliations
- Audit preparation
- Budget input and quarterly updates
- Monthly Financial Reports
- iMIS CRM Reports
- Assist with setting up annual renewal billings process in iMIS, and support members with online payments as required
- Review iMIS sales reports ("Batches") for accuracy, task appropriate staff for order fulfillments, and "post" batches daily
- Liaise with affiliate staff to reconcile membership data and dues collections
- Proactively provide Executive Director with regular updates and information
- Inventory and order office supplies at best prices
- Liaise with Employee Benefits provider
- Process information in online Payroll system
- Assist with CRM (iMIS) information updates
- Client registration support with payments related to member applications, designation applications, events, courses, etc.
- Administration of programs and services as assigned
- Post-secondary education and/or solid bookkeeping experience (minimum 3 years preferred)
- Familiarity of CRM database systems (training available specific to iMIS)
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Touch-typing speed of minimum 45wpm
- Excellent command of the English language and courteous business communication style
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset
- Must work with a sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done right within deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and committed to accuracy and excellence
- Knowledge of various technologies, and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and ability to work under pressure
- Good judgement and problem solving abilities
- Mature and responsible - not needing supervision to conform to office policies and to complete tasks
- Personal commitment to complete tasks to best ability and meet deadlines (by working additional hours as may be necessary - not a clock watcher)
- Professional, business communication skills, written and oral
- Team player
Note: Ability to understand as well as speak and write in a clear, concise and professional/business manner in English is mandatory and in French is a strong asset
Reports to: Executive Director
Start date: Immediate
Remuneration: Salaried position plus benefits after probationary period
Location: Yonge & Eglinton, Toronto
Please note: the office is a fragrance-free environment
How to apply:
Important - please submit the following:
- Your resume;
- A PERSONALISED cover letter IN ENGLISH in Word doc format outlining how your experience and skills match this position*;
- Your salary expectations*
- And if you have French language skills, a brief paragraph (up to 100 words IN FRENCH) also indicating why you are interested in the position.
*Applications without this information will not be considered.
Send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org soonest and no later than June 10, 2019. Please include your name in the subject line with Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant.
No phone calls, please and thank you.
NO AGENCIES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
We thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at ADRIC.ca