JobStart, a nonprofit agency serving the GTA since 1980, provides a range of employment, training, mentoring and settlement services to a diverse group of job seekers including adults, internationally trained professionals, newcomers to Canada, persons with disabilities, seniors, students, women and youth at three locations in Toronto. We also provide a range of recruitment services for employers. Our Mission: JobStart empowers clients and employers to maximize their potential through participation in a variety of career and personal growth programs and services.
Job Title: Job Developer, Employment Ontario - (Bargaining Unit - Full-Time Position)
Supervisor: Manager, Programs and Services
Location: 219 Dufferin St.
Purpose of the Job: Market JobStart’s range of services and diverse client base to the business community and promote the benefits of hiring our clients. Establish and maintain relationships with employers and business associations to connect clients with employers to facilitate the process of recruiting, job matching and securing unpaid, subsidized placements and direct employment, that meet the clients’ employment goal and to provide follow up support to employers and clients to maximize job retention.
- Proactively outreach to existing and new employers to identify opportunities in the competitive job market to build/grow relationships to meet the employment needs of our clients and contract requirements
- Identify client skills and qualifications, market and refer qualified candidates to employers and match and place clients to available jobs through all available strategies and negotiate individual contracts for work placements (subsidized and unpaid), job trials and job training opportunities; ensure disability insurance coverage as required and link clients/employers to supports and subsidies to meet or exceed contractual and/or job placement outcomes
- Develop, monitor and revise training plans and agreements with clients and employers, including during job search, job application and hiring process and job retention and provide post-employment support and services
- Plan, develop and deliver workshops for employers and clients on workplace health and safety, workplace accommodation and workplace communication etc based on current and future needs
- Ensures compliance to Agency Policies and Guidelines, Strategic Direction, Contractual Guidelines, Industry standards and applicable legislation and obtains appropriate authorization from Manager and documentation validation for all client and employers subsidies and supports
- Develop, and maintain employer database to job match clients with employers, document employer files, track clients progress and case management, maintain statistical and financial information for reports as required.
- Post job openings on Job Boards, share job leads within JobStart team, external partners, as appropriate
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Career/Employment Counseling, Sales/Marketing, or related program
- Demonstrated 2 years job development experience working with a range of diverse job seekers experiencing barriers to employment; a proven track record to achieve employment targets and outcomes is a must
- Advanced skills utilizing all Microsoft Application including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, customer service, coaching, negotiation and influencing skills
- Desire to work in a multicultural setting and posses sound decision making and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision, able to take initiative,
- Manage change/transitions with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines and targets
- Crisis Intervention, First Aid, Occupational Health and Safety, workplace accommodation certification, assets
- Must be able to travel within GTA. Valid driver’s license and unlimited access to vehicle is strongly preferred
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (Early morning, evening hours and weekends are periodically required)
Salary: $52,909 per annum
Start Date: August 5, 2019
Closing Date: July 19, 2019
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
JobStart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JobStart strives to represent the diversity of the community in our hiring practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Only those who meet the qualifications above will be considered for this position and invited to an interview.