Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Our mission: to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within a multidisciplinary health care model.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Executive Assistant (Full Time Continuing Position)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People. We seek an individual to fill the position of Executive Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides management and administrative support to the Executive Director, including but not limited to: collecting reports and information from unit managers; maintaining a filing system; assisting in the research, development and drafting of special reports, submissions, studies and funding proposals; word processing and distributing a variety of communications; coordinating meetings, appointments, conference calls and travel arrangements; maintaining and submitting expenses; and responding to calls and emails in the Executive Director’s absence
- Records proceedings and minutes of Board meetings and provides liaison and support to the President, the Board of Directors and its committees; ensures Board policy decisions are incorporated into the Circle of Care Manual
- Is responsible for day-to-day operations of AHT facilities and leased premises including security, maintenance (including equipment) and engagement of service providers; coordinates and schedules the use of facilities and property
- Monitors the organization’s Web site for quality assurance
- Responds to and coordinates requests from media, government officials and visitors wanting to tour the organization
- Participates in the budget review/planning processes
- Prepares, maintains and updates a schedule of reporting requirements for all programs and services and monitors same for compliance
- Administers the organization’s complaints process
- Administers, schedules, implements and supervises the organization’s annual Client Satisfaction Survey and prepares an analysis and final report
- Supervises, orients and conducts performance appraisals for staff, placements and/or volunteers
Qualifications & Experience:
- College Diploma or Certificate, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an administrative roles
- Experience in a health and/or social service environment
- Ability to function as a highly organized, accountable and self-directed administrator
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and human relations skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels, and with Board members and external contacts
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Technically proficient with excellent knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a single document, with your name and “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-920-2605 x.332.
This position will remain open until filled
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
Applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the hiring process
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.