Job Posting: Development Administrator
As a mission of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, Evangel Hall Mission (ehm) has been addressing the needs of individuals experiencing homelessness or poverty in the Queen and Bathurst Area since 1913. Over the years we have grown from being a traditional “soup kitchen” into a full service agency with multiple programs to meet the growing needs of our community members including:
- housing and shelter, including offering 84 low-income apartments
- food and food security programs such as daily hot meals, and budgeting/financial management programs
- health and well-being services through ehm’s daily Drop In program, including a spiritual care program, on-site nurse, and a dental clinic
To learn more about ehm, please visit: www.evangelhall.ca
Evangel Hall Mission is seeking a highly organized and motivated person to join our dynamic and growing fundraising team. ehm operates a vibrant community engagement program, with a focus on volunteerism and service to the community.
This role is a core support to all activities as part of the organization’s community engagement and fundraising program, with a focus on supporting relationships with our church-based donors and volunteers. Evangel Hall Mission offers a welcoming work environment and the position offers a highly rewarding experience.
This is a great opportunity if you want to learn and grow your skills in fundraising, grant writing, and events management. Training and mentoring will be provided, with the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of fundraising activities.
You're the ideal candidate if you:
- Enjoy meeting and working with a wide range of people
- Communicate effectively
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Are detail oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Can set priorities, develop a work schedule, and track details, data, information, and activities
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Donor Communication and Support
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from donors, volunteers, partners, and other parties
- Schedule donor visits and tours
- Update and monitor ehm’s social media activities
- Schedule volunteers for meal preparation (Sunday Dinners, Saturday Lunches, Out of the Cold Dinners)
- Coordinate and prepare communications to send to churches, volunteers and donors, with updates on upcoming events and activities
- Support ehm’s fundraising events e.g. invitations, RSVP management, event preparation and coordination
- Support ehm’s stewardship activities by preparing thank you cards and making phone calls to thank donors
- Support the planning and implementation of ehm’s direct mail appeals
Receiving and processing donations
- Receive, process, and record donations and donor information in ehm’s donor database
- Schedule in-kind donation drop-offs
- Generate database reports
Preparing grant applications
- Support the Development Manager in the preparation of grant applications, as well as preparing reports and thank you letters
Support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist the Executive Director with preparation and distribution of board package
- Support the management of organizational documents, policies and minutes
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, including scheduling meetings and preparing draft correspondence
- Interest and experience in fundraising and/or managing volunteers
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Superior telephone manners and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team
- Comfortable working in a faith-based environment
- Training in fundraising (courses, etc.) is an asset
- Experience working with e-Tapestry or other CRM database is an asset
Reports to: Development Manager
Schedule: Permanent full time (37.5 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work when required.
- Competitive salary with access to health and dental benefits and pension
- Four weeks of vacation
- Applications will be accepted until May 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume via Charity Village. Applications should be addressed to the attention of Leigh Valliere, Development Manager.
- Target start date is June 17.
- No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.