About the CFPC
Representing more than 37,000 members across the country, the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and lifelong education of family physicians and for advocating on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians and their patients. The CFPC accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools.
Our Mission: Leading family medicine to improve the health of all people in Canada—by setting standards for education, certifying and supporting family physicians, championing advocacy and research, and honouring the patient-physician relationship as being core to our profession.
Our Vision: Leading family medicine. Improving lives.
Our Values: Caring; Learning; Collaboration; Responsiveness; Respect; Integrity; and Commitment to Excellence.
We are recruiting for an IT INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST
Posting #: 2019-15
Department: INFRASTRUCTURE & USER SUPPORT
Division: INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Reports to: DIRECTOR, INFRASTRUCTURE & USER SUPPORT
Classification: SUPPORT STAFF
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
The IT Infrastructure Analyst provides coordination, planning and support for all operational services and technical implementation of IT infrastructure deployed at the College’s national office location.
- Maintain the IT infrastructure availability level of 99.9% or better; report, investigate and resolve any issue preventing achievement of 99.9% availability
- Independently solve system problems with little supervision and minimal guidance
- Refine business requirements, convert them to technical requirements and devise an appropriate infrastructure solution by choosing from multiple technologies and ensuring that solutions stay within the guidelines of security/audit standards and conform to industry best practices
- Recommend corrective action (including restarting services and rebooting servers) to restore systems during an outage
- Plan, design and implement server, storage and network infrastructure ensuring service delivery targets, technical requirements, capacity requirements, industry standards, and budget constraints are met
- Develop and oversee planned maintenance programs with IT infrastructure service providers
- Support server, storage and network repair and installation of new applications or technology
- Maintain server, storage and network infrastructure health on a daily basis
- Perform upgrades, scheduled software patches changes
- Manage and monitor computer hardware related to networks, servers and workstations
- Ensure IT environment hardware and software is properly documented, software licenses and registration, equipment location and maintenance logs are kept current
- Action Help Desk tickets for Infrastructure or other related activities
Requirements (knowledge, experience, education, competencies)
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (i.e. BSc in computer science)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and/or Cisco CCNA or higher is an asset
- ITIL Foundation certification is an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience in the IT industry
- 5 years’ of experience with network devices – Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- 3 to 5’ years of experience in a diverse infrastructure environment
- 3 years’ of hands-on experience with large scale Windows Systems Administration
- 3 years’ of experience with IT Infrastructure Design and Integration
- Familiarity with Linux technologies and server security hardening principles
- Proficient in Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS,
DHCP, Group Policies, PowerShell scripting, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Office365 Enterprise deployment and management, Windows Server migration, Windows 10 migration
- Experience with Commvault or other Enterprise backup / recovery solution, Business continuity and Disaster recovery
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is an asset
- Knowledge of Anti-virus products, Windows patching tools, server image creation
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate planning, command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
- Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation
- Team player who follows procedures set in place in order to provide reactive and proactive support for the College
- Verbal and written communication skills, with ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and effectively in English; French is an asset
Working Conditions & Hours of Work
- Open-concept office environment
- Must be available for rotational on-call schedule
- Flexible to work occasional after hours or weekends for planned or emergency infrastructure needs
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Note Team will also rotate a schedule to accommodate start time of 7:30 a.m. Monday to Friday
If you share our passion, and are committed to living our CFPC Values please submit a cover letter and your résumé referencing the posting# 2019-15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CFPC is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, The CFPC encourages applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.