Posting #: 2018-80
Impact Evaluator (Full-Time, Contract)
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, great support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.The position works in a shelter environment with its associated stresses and with youth who may at-times be in crisis and may demonstrate related behaviours.
The Impact and Innovation team at Eva's Initiatives is seeking an experienced evaluator to lead the creation and implementation of an impact evaluation strategy for the organization and a new series of pilot projects.
This position is a two year contract with the possibility for renewal or extension at the end of the two year period. The impact evaluator reports to the Impact and Innovation Manager and the position is located at Eva’s Administrative Office.
- Lead implementation of Eva's Outcome Measurement Framework (e.g., translating to operational plans, ongoing monitoring of outcomes, assisting frontline staff with data collection, etc.)
- Lead the process to develop and implement a comprehensive evaluation plan, building on existing organizational assets (e.g., Outcomes Framework, Developmental Evaluation framework and strategy, strategic plan, program-level evaluations, etc.)
- Lead the evaluation of a series of pilot projects using developmental evaluation methods
- Promote collaboration, involvement, and engagement in assessment, evaluation and learning
- Increase organizational capacity to measure and document the learning needs of participants and the efficacy of programs in meeting their goals and objectives
- Promote organization-wide culture of data collection, evaluation and learning
Design and Implement Impact Evaluation Strategy
- Research and develop organizational data standards and quality assurance
- Identify and act on priorities for the implementation of the Strategy
- Work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders (e.g., management, frontline staff with program planning roles/responsibilities) to implement the Strategy
Data Collection, Analysis, and Project Management
- End-to-end management of evaluation projects from methodology design, data collection, tracking mechanisms, analysis, and reporting
- Design, modify, and administer data collection instruments such as surveys and questionnaires, interview protocols, and focus groups
- Format data collected for presentations and reports and present critical information in visually compelling ways
- Prepare reports summarizing demographic, process, rapid feedback reporting, outcome, and impact information
- Customize and maintain data collection systems, construct data files and perform data edits/cleaning, and manage and upgrade current databases in use
- Manage data collection and analysis in line with Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the implementation and ongoing maintenance and development of a new database for the organization
- Prepare reports and summaries of data from complex records for program and development team
- Research and manage data collection for analysis and evaluation of programs and tactics
Continuous Improvement Practices
- Keep abreast of assessment/evaluation trends and adapt/apply learning quickly to projects and programs.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Data collection/analysis/visualization
- Change management
- Orientation to adopting and implementing new tech to support our work
- Project management from end to end (e.g., initiation to implementation to closure)
- Identify/monitor milestones, deliverables, and spread and scale deadlines for various projects; prompt relevant collaborators to stay on task, and work to complete assigned tasks, in advance of deadlines/milestones.
- Proactively identify barriers/threats/risks that would hinder a project’s ability to spread and scale and work with team members to develop and initiate corrective actions as needed
- Excellent ability to anticipate and analyze risks and issues, explore alternatives, develop appropriate recommendations with project and technical teams and present issue to senior leadership
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Evaluation frameworks and implementation
- Practical and theoretical understanding of relevant outcomes for evaluating social impact
- Developmental evaluation and process-based evaluation expertise a must
- Ability to provide critical analysis of proposed opportunities from a variety of perspectives
- Experience creating business cases to evaluate various options
- Experience developing and implementing mixed-methods program evaluation
- Strong foundation and experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods (preferably for application in social services/nonprofit sector)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Very strong diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to youth-centric work
- Familiarity with service design, facilitation, and youth engagement an asset
- Familiarity with privacy, confidentiality, and ethics in participatory evaluation with marginalized populations
- Excellent listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skillsan asset
- Efficient, highly organized, and familiar with project management tools/methods
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of developmental evaluation, process-based evaluation, and leading edge evaluation tools and techniques
- Minimum five years of relevant evaluation/research experience in planning and collection of primary data (e.g., focus groups, key informant interview, survey methods, etc.) and secondary data (e.g., document review, systems analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing data using statistical methods and some related software (e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS, R, etc.)
- Minimum of five years of professional experience, including experience interfacing with and maintaining data library, data cleaning, evaluating programs, and measuring outcomes.
- Familiarity with social innovation and organizational change processes an asset
Submit a cover letter and resume in one document to email@example.com. The posting will remain up until the position is filled. Be sure to indicate 2018-80 Impact Evaluator in the title. No phone calls, please.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking groups to apply.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth
Administrative Office: 401 Richmond St W., Suite 245, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3A8
Phone 416-977-4497 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Website www.evas.ca
On the lands of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River
Connect with us @evasinitiatives