Roots of Empathy is an internationally acclaimed, award winning children’s charity whose mission is to build caring, peaceful, and civil societies through the development of empathy in children and adults. Since its creation in 1996 by Founder and President Mary Gordon, Roots of Empathy has reached one million children with its empathy-based programs. It has been called “Canada’s olive branch to the world” and has been recognized globally for its innovation in education.
The Roots of Empathy program is an evidence-based classroom program shown to reduce aggression, including bullying, and to increase prosocial behaviours. Our success has been proven by over 18 years of independent research. The organization also delivers a program called Seeds of Empathy, which is designed for childcare centres. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, the organization delivers its programs in all 10 provinces and in 12 countries in multiple languages.
For more information please visit: www.rootsofempathy.org
Roots of Empathy is hiring a self-motivated Data Administrator, Program Logistics. Reporting to the Coordinator, Program Logistics, this role is responsible for helping to manage our program information data and for coordinating the purchase, inventory and distribution of program materials. The role requires flexibility, experience working in databases and advanced word processing and spreadsheet abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Roots of Empathy CRM database
- Prepare all data for entry and ensure accuracy of data imports and extractions
- Input and verify data concerning Roots of Empathy programs and provide statistical summaries for reports
- Maintain instructor profiles in database
- Update documentation in the database
- Perform regular database clean-up and maintenance and verify data by reviewing, correcting, and purging duplicate files
- Reconcile data in CRM with data in Instructor dashboard
- Prepare monthly results and performance reports and track database statistics
- Assists with requests for information from the database
- Develop, implement and communicate database protocols and procedures
- Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the database
Program logistics support
- Responsible for inventory management of program materials, including pricing, ordering and inventory reconciliation
- Process and analyze Program Location Forms and create a report of planned trainings for each location
- Update training schedule throughout the year
- Log approved trainers’ invoices and expense reporting in training schedule and submit originals for processing
- Compile training feedback for all program trainings
- Assist in Instructor certification process by gathering missing documentation, creating and maintaining a tracking chart and creating a classroom placement list
- Assist with distribution of program materials when required (preparation and packaging, shipping, and tracking of shipping costs and shipment dates)
- Strong experience working with customer or donor databases (mass importing, exporting, creating and running queries)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative role
- Education in business, computers or office administration
- Knowledge of Salsa CRM an asset
- Experience using Excel, Word and other MS suite software
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and maintain collaborative, productive work environment through positive relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, time management skills and attention to details and deliverables
- Proven ability to manage and complete varying projects simultaneously, accurately and on deadline
- Fluency in another language is an asset
- Must have a strong understanding and belief in the mission, goals and values of the Roots of Empathy organization
Roots of Empathy is an equal opportunity employer and is fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Salary: Full time contract position @ 37.5 hours per week. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: Aprill 11, 2019
Please submit resume and cover letter to Roots of Empathy, citing Data Administrator, Program Logistics.