Manager, Integrated Communications
Employment opportunity: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Director, Strategic Communications
Location: Ottawa, ON
We are currently seeking a Manager, Integrated Communications. This position will play an important role in unifying the brand voice across the organization’s communications channels, increasing meaningful engagement and collaboration with internal partners and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will work closely with internal partners to develop custom communications strategies that support the business plan and targets.
Our Ideal Candidate is… someone with excellent listening abilities, who can understand partner and customer needs. A strong understanding of social media and media relations strategies. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to work independently, and highly adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Develop and manage the organization’s social media strategy, including integrating channels across the focus areas, implementing listening and engagement protocols, scheduling social media for new and evergreen content, align paid and owned outputs, and deliver monthly reporting.
- Support, in a team environment, the proactive management and delivery of media relations activities including writing and editing media releases, pitching story ideas and research content, building relationships with journalists and editors, briefing and preparing research leads and executives for key media interviews and evaluate impact, managing media training at the organization.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for various projects, providing communication advice and counsel, or developing and implementing communication plans that deliver the greatest impact and achieve program objectives.
- Proactively identify opportunities to raise awareness and amplify messaging and engagement.
- Support research leads by providing a high standard of strategic counsel, communications planning through to execution.
- Manage and monitor project schedules, work with vendors, and communicate clearly to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Seek out innovative opportunities to promote the organization and its researchers through traditional and non-traditional media and other channels.
- Assist in the rollout of a new corporate communications strategies.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, freelancers and contractors.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a corporate communications role.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent diploma and work experience) in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field of study.
- A solid grasp of traditional, social and new media.
- Advanced writing skills, as it relates to media releases, web and social content, blogs, scripts, and presentations.
- Proven track record of success as an effective communicator and advisor with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience taking strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical communication programs
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Overtime requirements on occasion with the possibility of occasional travel.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted through our Careers’ page.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.
No phone calls, please. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in The Conference Board of Canada. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.