The Congress Team uses current technology to collect submissions, market to delegates and execute the meeting; you will be an integral part of the team as the keeper of the meeting information. Are you a dynamic individual who loves the details, helping people and enjoy learning new technology?
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Congress and working collaboratively with CCS staff, the Program Content Coordinator coordinates the submission and review of scientific content and accurate entry of presentation information into the content management system Education Harvester (CadmiumCD). The Program Content Coordinator facilitates the creation of supporting conference materials, both print and electronic, for the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC). The Program Content Coordinator is the owner of the CCC content and ensures its accuracy and quality. A more detailed breakdown of responsibilities is described below.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the annual call for science and the configuration of the CadmiumCD tool for scientific submissions, review and conference session building.
- Coordinates the annual scientific submission process; by reviewing submission guidelines and criteria, answering questions that submitting authors may have, addressing graphic/text issues, updating missing or incomplete author information; coordinating withdrawals prior to withdraw deadline.
- Oversees the scientific review process by recruiting and inviting all reviewers, assigning the submissions and providing necessary training to reviewers.
- Oversees the session building process by assigning sessions and abstracts to Track Captains for slotting and providing training and tools to the Track Captains.
- Uses the CadmiumCD Platform to enter presentation information, communicate and coordinate details with all submitting authors, presenters, faculty and chairs and keep track of changes and updates made throughout the months leading up to Congress
- Updates and maintains the CCC space assignment grid in Excel and creates an interactive version of a schedule using Office Tracker or other scheduling tool.
- Works with the Manager to produce the preliminary “program outline” by pre-slotting sessions including Plenaries, Workshops, Moderated Presentations, Trainee Program, Community Forum Theatres and the Community Cardiology Year-in-review program
- Assigns sessions, presentations and eposter screen numbers, as well as works closely with Multieposter, the supplier for ePosters, to coordinate and manage presentation times for ePosters and Moderated Presentations
- Creates and runs reports to thoroughly proof the scientific session content prior to development of the Final Program, event App and Abstract Supplement in the Canadian Journal of Cardiology.
- Provides support to the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) Executive Face-to-Face meeting
- Builds/Generates reports pulling data from CadmiumCD; manipulates and analyses data to support the Manager, Congress, the Director, Congress and Business Systems, and the SPC Chair.
- Coordinates the development of Congress Materials including the Preliminary Program tool, event App, and the Abstract Supplement.
- Leads the proofing, with the support of various CCS staff, of all content, sessions and all session data, for the Final Program, event App and Abstract Supplement.
- Works closely with multiple Project Managers at CadmiumCD, the CCC Preliminary tool and event App supplier, regarding issues, features, functionality and design of the App ensuring a complete, useful and high-quality Congress product for CCC members and delegates.
- Works with the Secretariat and coordinates the specifications for partner and exhibitor data to be incorporated into the App.
- Preforms quality assurance testing, proofing and editing of the App content.
- Assists with the implementation of new or updated policies, procedures, guidelines and/or work instructions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Program Content Coordinator or similar role.
- Experience with event content management systems and report writing tools (CadmiumCD preferred).
- Experience with Event/Conference material development.
- Experience or understanding of scientific submission process.
- Possess excellent MS Office experience (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills and experience with productivity tools.
- Technical ability to import and/or export data between different kinds of software.
- Ability to resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing correspondence and reports.
- The ability to professionally and knowledgeably represent the CCS and deal effectively with authors, members, colleagues, other program partners.
- Ability to set priorities and meet strict deadlines with supervision.
- Ability to work on several assignments during the same timeframe.
- Ability to learn new concepts.
- Experience working in an association environment an asset.
- Bilingualism in English and French an asset.
In addition to 35 hours a week, periodic weekend work and attendance at committee meetings as well as the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (October) is required. The position may be required to travel up to ten overnight days per year. This position operates under the pressure of performing several activities where priorities may come into conflict.
Only the Applicants using the link below will be considered:
Apply by clicking on this link