The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland (JHSLM) of BC’s vision is " A safe, healthy and inclusive community for all ". We are a charitable organization that supports people with developmental disabilities and/or involvement with the criminal justice system.
Please visit our website for further information www.jhslmbc.ca.
To administer, manage and enhance the operation of the John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland's (JHSLM)
Community Living Programs in accord with all related contractual agreements with Community Living BC within the framework of the Mission Statement and Core Values of JHSLM. The Manager accepts responsibility for the daily operation of all aspects of the resource(s) and its programs.
- Is responsible to implementation and promulgate all policies and procedures, including developing appropriate manuals, brochures and handbooks.
- Will the manager in hiring, supervision, evaluation, transferring and termination of staff and/or contractors as necessary to fulfill the program goal in accord with the Collective Agreement with CUPE Local 1936-11 and the Personnel Polices of the Society.
- Arranges shift schedules, ensuring appropriate staff coverage.
- Implements a system of staff and volunteer orientation, supervision, in service training and evaluation.
- Ensures all appropriate daily, monthly, and annual documentation of resource staff and contractor’s files and records are maintained.
- Accepts responsibility for the daily and monthly financial and administrative aspects of the programs.
- Effective, inclusive support programs are designed and maintained.
- Support the overall program strategic direction
- Ongoing liaison with other JHS staff, especially regarding potential referrals for residency.
- The facilitation of person centered planning opportunities for staff and service users.
- The development of related program opportunities, available to the individuals in the community.
- That CLBC's Quality of Life Focus, which is based on all agreed goals and includes all steps or success measurement and time lines, is completed.
- Maintain effective working relationships with related community services, government/stakeholders and agencies
- Be knowledgeable of related agencies for effective client referrals and support, especially those in the Lower Mainland community
- Ensure that the physical facilities fulfill all fire, health and safety regulations
- Ensure that the resource(s) is maintained as a clean, pleasant and safe environment
- Be available to all resource staff, in case of emergencies. This may include carrying a pager or cell phone 24 hours a day
- Ensure on call coverage is arranged in their absence
- Coordination and Administration for teams and programs operating under the Vancouver Community Services Office.
- All Human Resource Functions – recruitment, training, development.
- As subsequently assigned.
You are a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. You will possess:
- A University Degree in the Behavioral Sciences
- Extensive experience and expertise in the Community Living, Mental Health and Criminal Justice System
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Extensive experience in management of the day-to-day aspects of community-based residential programs, including case planning, behaviour modification techniques, psychosocial rehabilitative techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of group process, individual counseling and crisis management
- Extensive knowledge and experience in hiring, training and supervising staff
- Ability to motivate and organize a staff team
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and respected
- You have a proven work ethic that is responsive
- You take responsibility for your actions, and honor your commitments
- You have a desire to engage and work closely with others – both within and outside the organization
- You do not shy away from tough challenges
- You embody empathy and compassion in all your interactions
Annual Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. This role will also be eligible for the Society’s comprehensive Management Benefits Package.
The JHSLM welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, race, orientation, or disability. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.