JOIN ICSS AS AN ADULT COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION WORKER (Enhanced Behaviour Supports)
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- FREE PARKING AT HEAD OFFICE
- GROUP BENEFITS FOR PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS
- FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
APPLICANTS MUST BE FLUENTLY BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH
CONTRACT POSITION UNDER THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND LONG TERM CARE
Innovative Community Support Services (ICSS) is a non-profit charitable organization that is committed to creating and providing families & individuals with innovative, high quality and cost effective community based programs and services that promote a strong sense of well-being while making a positive contribution to our culturally diversified community.
ICSS is currently looking for an Adult Community Participation Worker (Enhanced Behaviour Supports) with a willingness and passion for supporting individuals who require intensive behavioural support. This position provides front line support for persons who have a dual diagnosis and/or challenging behaviours. The Community Participation Worker provides provisions for individual or small group recreational programming for the purpose of providing meaningful opportunities for participants with varying abilities, enabling them to attain their maximum physical, social, and mental potential. This programming includes planning, implementing and evaluating leisure; social and educational programs for the individual based on their goals and needs.
The programming is structured around leisure, vocation and education and incorporates activities such as: music program, art instruction, life skills and social skills and coaching and community participation. The Community Participation Worker (EBS) is responsible and accountable for ensuring meaningful participant driven programs, as well as being responsible to support and promote the individual’s dignity and to help promote a better understanding of the individual’s needs and supports.
The Adult Community Participation Worker (EBS) will be working within different hospital locations and will also occasionally participate in existing ICSS programs.
- DSW, SSW, CYW, or 3 years’ experience in the field working with challenging behaviours and creating behaviour plans.
- Must have valid, current CPR/First Aid, CPI training, vulnerable sector & sexual offenses police check.
- The use of a personal vehicle to drive participants to appointments and other outings with a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Must write, speak and communicate in enhanced English AND French. Bilingualism is mandatory.
- Current hands-on experience and knowledge of positive behaviour support as it applies to the areas of developmental disabilities and other special populations (e.g. brain injury, autism, dual diagnosis etc.)
- Experience and ability to deal with behavioural & crisis situations. Must have experience working with individuals who have aggressive and challenging behaviours; including the proper and safe use of restraints.
- Experience in writing or participating in the creation of behavioural or other support plans that address needs and behaviours of adults with disabilities.
- Must have experience/willingness to work with individuals who require personal care.
- Experience collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team, proven experience with problem-solving as team members in a flexible, empathetic, resourceful, and productive manner.
- Ability to think ethically and professionally and to clearly communicate different perspectives and rationale for decision making within a behavioural framework.
- Ability to support and advocate for individuals with varying disabilities and disorders to help them reach their goals.
- Candidates must have a proven track record in the areas of support provision and positive, professional relationships with community partners and families.
- Adult Community Participation Worker (EBS) will be carrying out various programming & skill building activities in a direct hands-on capacity.
- Participate, implement, support and maintain the Person Centered Planning process in conjunction with the supervisor, Community Participation Manager and other involved professionals to ensure the health, safety and welfare of each participant.
- Monitor and ensure completion of attendance sheets, individual program summaries, program outlines, program session plans, program budget expenses, ISP’s and read communication book.
- Assist to empower participants in being as independent as possible for a higher standard of living and increased self worth; advocate with and for the participant.
- In cooperation with the Supervisor, promotes and provides assistance to the social and community programs compatible to the individual’s interest and abilities, within the Community Participation Program and in the community.
- Work one on one with participants for assigned periods of time (i.e. full day, half day, multiple days) as required or asked.
- Ensure that proper personal care is completed with each participant, including care of clothing and personal items.
- Maintain an on-going program binder for activities and resources used in the program as well as program outlines, session plans and summaries.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule that accommodates the needs of the participants and ICSS.
While Community Participation Workers (EBS) typically work Monday to Friday, they are also required to work a day every other weekend as required with notice prior to assigned shifts.
Please note: mileage to travel to and from the work locations will not be paid as an additional expense, however hospital parking passes are provided.
ICSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER