The Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) helps students in need. We address issues of poverty, hunger and poor nutrition and their effect on education. We continually search for new ways to help children overcome barriers to success in school. The TFSS is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping to remove barriers to their education.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for successfully managing a team of employees and will be responsible for the following key areas.
- Assist in month end reconciliation.
- Import daily donations records in Raiser’s Edge and verify those records against banking deposit records for completeness.
- Allocation of grants and other donations.
- Recognizing and investigating anomalies in financial reports.
- Assist with external audit.
- Liaison between Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge.
Donations Receipting and Processing
- Liaise with Development and Program teams regarding donations received for stewardship.
- Oversee the processing of tax receipts.
- Develop processes and procedures for donation recording and filing.
- Set-up direct deposit to TFSS account for monthly donor.
- Supervise team of coordinators.
Student Nutrition Programs
- Prepare reports and applications for external funders.
- Recognizing and investigating anomalies in nutrition reports.
- Schedule training and financial reporting support for student nutrition programs.
- Liaise and problem solve with partners and budget analyst team to resolve issues regarding financial reporting.
- Participate in committees and groups as assigned.
- Develop processes and procedures for the budget analyst team.
- Maintain spreadsheet for data collection.
- Supervise team of SNP Analysts.
Raiser’s Edge Administrator
- Maintenance of database: develop annual maintenance plan and oversee implementation.
- Develop policies and procedures and standards for data entry and user guide.
- Develop Raiser’s Edge training materials specific for organizational needs.
- Provide or assist in Raiser’s Edge training.
- Develop and maintain queries and reports within Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain up-to-date link to Financial Edge for donations posting.
- Administrator of database for table, record and other set-up.
- Minimum three to five years of appropriate experience.
- Professional accounting designation or near completion.
- Experience in a non-profit environment and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized financial and administrative information systems to determine requirements and to coordinate the implementation and maintenance of these systems.
- Excellent planning and administration skills to effectively manage and support services for the nutrition team.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage varied tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters requiring diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations including advising on expenditures, budget planning and data interpretation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectation to Daisy Chan at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The TFSS is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment which actively promotes and supports human rights and accessibility for people with disabilities.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.tfss.ca.