Are you dynamic, entrepreneurial, experienced in inspiring donors to invest in meaningful impact at the community level? Would fundraising for supportive health care for women and teens facing cancer motivate you to develop great relationships to support the growth and innovation of our programming in over 100 hospitals and cancer centres across Canada? As our Manager of Development, you will be on the front line of advocating to ensure women have the tools and the access to help fight cancer with confidence, dignity, and hope.
Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is the only national charitable organization helping women and teens manage the appearance related affects of cancer and its treatment.
Perhaps the most challenging thing about a cancer diagnosis is not the disease itself, but the loss of identity that comes with it. The disease robs a woman of her sense of self, both as a human being and, more specifically, as a woman. For over 25 years, Look Good Feel Better has delivered a supportive health care workshop in over 100 hospitals and cancer care centres across Canada. Along with global program partners in 26 countries, LGFB give women practical tools and techniques, to help restore a sense of self and renew a feeling of womanhood, however these women choose to define it.
Overview of Role:
The Manager of Development is responsible for providing expertise, execution, and support to achieving the organization’s overall development and marketing goals. You will be accountable for managing a portfolio that raises a minimum of $1.5M+ by focusing on cultivating and retaining donors in the following channels: corporate giving, cause-related marketing, community engagement, sponsorship, grants, major gifts, and annual giving.
As part of the overall development team, the manager will provide best in class cultivation and stewardship; be a savvy presenter showcasing impact at its best; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that have made you well respected and connected; be up to date with market trends and or emerging opportunities; and can work effectively in a collaborative team environment driven by a culture of strong values and mission.
- Develop, implement or collaborate on fundraising and communication strategies to achieve annual and long-term fundraising objectives
- Actively manage and report on pipeline of new revenue, upgraded giving and renewals ($10,000+ or gift in kind) ensuring key performance indicators are met
- As an effective communicator and writer, able to develop and deliver compelling case for support opportunities along with engaging donor proposals, presentations, and impact reports
- Steward and recognize support from donors and stakeholders, working with key team members to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of required reporting, partnership agreements and recognition plans
- Plan and execute events or campaigns, presentations and speaking engagements that support organizational and fundraising strategies
- Represent the organization in a public relations capacity for fundraising activities and events
- Review, analyze or negotiate contracts or logistics related to partnerships or donations of product (GIK)
- Conduct research and develop briefing notes, presentations or analysis for senior leadership or board members
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with community volunteers, committee members and ambassadors in support of fundraising goals
- Work with leadership team to drive innovation and donor loyalty by being up to date with market trends and or emerging opportunities
Systems Management and Donor Administration
- Contribute and support fundraising and administrative infrastructure and its suite of tools to ensure consistency and adherence to CRA guidelines
- Ensure the integrity and usability of donor data and financial processes to maximize fundraising activities and meet organizational reporting through tracking of all prospecting and account management activities
- Work closely with finance team to build and monitor budgets, provide reporting and forecast for both short and long-term planning
Operational and Administrative Support
- Effectively contribute to cross departmental information sharing and best practices
- Develop or contribute to short and long term-departmental strategic plan, annual operating plan, and financial/ pipeline plan
- Identify, develop, or contribute to policies and guidelines, continuity planning, and risk management
- Oversee or support recruitment or staff development to support goals and tactics
- Contribute and support development of annual report and presentations at AGM and board meetings
- University Degree or College equivalent in fundraising, marketing, or sales
- Post-graduate degree in fundraising, marketing or sales, an asset.
- 4-6 years years’ successful experience in a fund development capacity or equivalent in a marketing or sales environment
- Proven track record of soliciting and managing corporate donors, cause related marketing, major gift fundraising, foundation grants, sponsorship, and/or community giving within the team but also individually
- Strong aptitude in using fundraising or CRM platforms to manage donor information- ideally Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Kimbia, Canada Helps
- Strong or emerging leader with experience managing staff, interns, agencies, vendors, consultants, committees and/or volunteers
- Talented and creative grant and proposal writer with ability to write for digital communications considered an asset
- Savvy, energetic, and compelling presenter and public speaker- able to engage varying scale of audiences
- Demonstrated leadership abilities- seen as highly professional, able to effectively influence and negotiate with others and adaptable to change management
- Considered detail oriented, analytical, and organized in managing competing or multiple priorities and opportunities
- Passionate about sharing and advocating for supportive health care, empowering women and families, community programming and capacity building
- Active participant to organizational culture and mission as both a team player and individual contributor
Considerations to note:
- Valid Class G driver’s licence and access to a vehicle with an ability to travel within the region and throughout Ontario as required.
- Ability to work nights/ weekends and manage physical labour as required for donor activities or events
- Ability to speak French considered an asset
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by submitting your resume and an accompanying cover letter by April 5th, 2019. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an on-going basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those applicants selected for further consideration. No telephone, walk ins or agency enquiries please. Potential employees will be required to complete reference and security checks as part of the pre-employment process.
For more information, you can visit www.lgfb.ca.