The Community Living Ontario Foundation (the Foundation) is located in Toronto. The Foundation was created to develop resources that support Community Living Ontario’s initiatives and to expand its capacity. Community Living Ontario is a non-profit organization that works with people who have an intellectual disability, their families and local member associations, to lead the way in advancing true inclusion. As a leader in the developmental services sector, Community Living Ontario represents more than 12,000 people and families across the province, as well as over 100 member organizations.
The Foundation is seeking a socially-conscious and motivated self-starter who is highly organized with a passion for relationship building for the position of Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships. This is a part-time position.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Foundation, the Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for maintaining and expanding a corporate portfolio that generates critical revenue and support to advance the initiatives of Community Living Ontario. The successful candidate will help with the development and sales of all sponsorship opportunities, the growth of the strategic partnership program and the Foundation revenue growth overall.
- Work with the Managing Director to create strategies for corporate and sponsorship revenue growth
- Develop, forecast, execute and evaluate acquisition strategies for new growth while evaluating current partner opportunities for effectiveness and growth
- Manage and document a portfolio of corporate donors, conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities for relationship building and retention
- Develop comprehensive and creative corporate partnerships that are tailored to each corporate partner
- Build and maintain strong relationships with top-tier prospects
- Develop opportunities for workplace giving within all corporate accounts; including employee giving, matching gift and other related initiatives
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Foundation’s fundraising priorities, projects and progress and create and communicate compelling stories about the work of Community Living Ontario to drive corporate donations
- Coordinate special projects and campaigns as assigned
- Maintain budgets and profitability forecasts for corporate partnerships supported by reports
- Assist in the Foundation’s fundraising campaigns and events
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to create fundraising materials suitable for presentation to prospective contributors -
- Other duties as required in the day-to-day operation of the Foundation
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline or relevant work experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Minimum of 3 years corporate sales or fundraising experience
- Ability to professionally work with business leaders and key decision makes within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of the principles of effective donor cultivation and solicitation
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a demonstrated ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times in a diverse environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- A commitment to customer service: anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively making customer issues a priority
- A positive influence throughout the organization, fostering commitment to teamwork and building a climate of professionalism, openness and communication
- A high degree of integrity and confidentiality at all times with an understanding and commitment to fundraising ethics and donor privacy
- A proven ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Proven research skills and the ability to obtain information from a variety of sources
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Experience with a donor database system would be an asset
- An occasional evening and weekend work required
Interested applicants in this meaningful and rewarding role are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Ontario is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if accommodation is required.