St. Paul’s Bloor Street is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of Toronto. We are looking for an experienced professional, who is a faithful and passionate individual with a desire to serve, learn and grow. This is an oversight and equipping role. The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to provide strategic leadership and guidance for the day-to-day operations of our various activities, ensuring there is alignment with the vision and mission of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
The Executive Director plans, executes and ensures all services and ministries are delivered with effective stewardship while compliant with applicable legislation, regulations, policies and procedures. The Executive Director serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Rector (Senior Minister).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Executive Director must commit to the vision, mission and core values of St. Paul’s Bloor Street. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: day-to-day operational management; leadership and staff support; financial oversight; facility management; administrative systems; communications; human resources; information technology; events & catering.
- Serve as the parish Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop and implement financial strategies.
- Oversee and direct cash flow (operating and capital).
- Oversee the budgetary process and ensure compliance to policy and ministry strategies.
- Approve budget allocations and fund distribution to meet ministry objectives while ensuring financial health and sustainability.
- Oversee, direct, and approve all financial reporting, including financial statements.
- Oversee, direct and support the annual Church audit.
- Oversee and appropriately direct risk management.
Leadership and Administrative Stewardship
- Provide leadership and strategic direction, including establishing, implementing, and monitoring achievement of short and long-range goals within operations—Finance, Communications, Event Management, Information Technology, Property Management, and Human Resources.
- Provide leadership in all matters pertaining to the efficient and cost-effective use of the St. Paul’s facilities and properties.
- Ensure a positive, safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Enable the Rector, the Board of Trustees, and Directors to make timely, informed, responsible, and creative decisions that optimize the generation, development and use of St. Paul’s resources (financial, physical, and human), manage risk appropriately, and maintain transparency, as appropriate.
- Integral to the Senior Leadership Team, the Executive Director works closely and in concert with the Directors who also report to the Rector.
- As required, participate and support a variety of institutional committees such Board of Trustees, Directors, Audit and Finance, Investment and special committees and task force appointments.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Executive Director will be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Professional accounting certification and/or graduate business degree
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership with financial accountability; with at least 5 years at a senior executive level.
- Solid experience in setting, implementing and achieving strategic business and ministry goals
- Solid experience in successfully envisioning, influencing and facilitating change.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit and charitable sectors.
- Familiarity with how information technology (database systems, internet, social media, etc.) can be used to achieve operational, marketing and fund-raising goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Proficient influencing, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Team oriented with the ability to listen, take initiative, problem solve through respectful collaboration and motivate others. Demonstrated advocate of ‘coaching’ as a means to achieve employee success and business results.
- Strong overall leadership abilities, including the ability to build capacity, to be an agent of change within the framework of organizational values and traditions, to articulate departmental goals aligning with the St. Paul’s vision and mission and to inspire others.
- In-depth understanding of office systems and utilization of business equipment.
- Demonstrated professionalism, confidentiality and tact, with the ability to interact with parishioners, vendors, contractors, and senior leadership.
- The desire to play a key role in effective ministry, serving the communities in various ways.
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve the church and community. A firm commitment to the St. Paul’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
Please submit your resume to:
The Rev. Canon Dr. Barry Parker,
St. Paul’s Bloor Street, Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or at HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Executive Director” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.