Bellwoods Centres for Community Living offers an integrated suite of programs and services for adults experiencing a physical disability or other complex health and social needs. In addition to Supportive Housing and Attendant Outreach, Bellwoods offers a number of innovative programs designed to transition high needs individuals back to the community after a hospital stay and develop the skills needed to live independently. Integral to the program is experienced leadership to oversee a range of transitional support programs and services and provide the necessary guidance and support to provide client-focused solutions to allow clients and families to flourish.
Bellwoods Centres is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced leader for the position of Director of Transitional Support Services. As the Director, your focus will be on ensuring a positive client and family experience within the many support services that encompass our transitional support programs. You will oversee an interdisciplinary team that includes occupational therapy, nursing and social work. This team works diligently to provide goal-oriented plans for clients that focus on skills development to maximize safety and independent living in the community through the provision of case management, education, coaching, and system navigation.
As a consummate innovator, you are excited about building and/or improving programs and capacity in the community sector and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. As an expert problem-solver, you will be the central point of contact for care providers and referral sources. Effective care coordination is an important element of service delivery; as a result, you must be driven to help others in a compassionate and caring way while assisting the team to balance pressures of day-to-day management to support client transition and flow.
Interested candidates should be well-versed in navigating the healthcare sector with experience and/or familiarity with the work of hospitals, home and community care and the community support sector. The position reports directly to the VP, Transition and Special Projects.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day oversight of the transitional programs from admission and discharge.
- Plan and manage all services provided by the team for the duration of the client program(s).
- Lead and supervise an integrated case management process that incorporates clients’ active participation, and individualized service plans to assist in activities of daily living.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams related to communication with clients and program delivery staff to ensure the effective implementation of all programs.
- Provide support to the team regarding transitional services and communication with clients and implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement of programs delivered to clients and external partners.
- Liaise with external partners in regards to provision of services, development of programs, and problem-solving issues and acts as an expert on community resources and system navigation to clients and partners.
- Ensures the provision of appropriate client program services consistent with Service Agreements, health and security of clients and staff in a manner consistent with the policies and philosophy of the organization.
- Involved in the formulation of the overall design, planning, development and evaluation of programs.
- Prepare monthly reports regarding the status of transitional programs
In addition, the candidate will be part of a leadership team to:
- Act as resource for Bellwoods for program design, presentation or implementation strategies.
- Provide the training of responsible staff in the provision of direct and indirect client service.
- Encourage effective community relations and partnerships to provide information to the general public wherever practical.
- Support special projects as they arise, focusing on client centred care and programs to facilitate growth and exceptional services.
- Represent the organization at external meetings as appropriate.
- Healthcare Professional with over 10 years of experience in clinical and managerial support, as well as in program design and quality improvement
- Post-Secondary education in either Occupational Therapy, social work, nursing or related experience.
- Over 10 years’ management experience, preferably in home and community care sector, with a strong working knowledge of LHINs, Home Care, CSS, and attendant service delivery work environment supporting the activities of daily living for adults with disabilities
- Strong understanding of housing first approach and housing supports in the City of Toronto
- Experience working with clients with complex physical medicine, seniors, mental health and/or addiction challenges
- Experience in system navigation, basic life skills counselling, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, harm reduction strategies, advocacy, community development and group work, including mediation and conflict resolution
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team/multi-agency partnership, problem solve and set priorities within a fast-paced work environment
- Previous client needs assessment experience and use of the interRAI (CHA) system preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of related legislation including the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulated Health Professions Act and activities of daily living provisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal are necessary for effective interaction with all levels of staff, clients, community partners and other members of the public
- Demonstrated competency with MS Office and related software applications is essential
- Previous use or experience with data management systems such as MS SharePoint is an asset.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly-motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills in a management role within a leading healthcare sector organization.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls please, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.