Junior Achievement of British Columbia (JABC) is part of an international organization that delivers education based programs to students in elementary through high school, with a focus on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. Our purpose is to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for life-long success, with a long term objective that all youth have access to a JABC program. In operation since 1955, JABC partners with educators, donors and volunteers to bring real world experiences into the classroom.
The Program Administrator provides essential administrative support for the Program team across BC. This role is key to the successful implementation of JABC’s new strategic plan Bright Futures for all BC’s Youth where over the next five years JABC will increase classroom-based programs annually from 1,467 to 1,990.
Reporting to the Director, Programs this is a pivotal position on the Program Team, with primary responsibility for recording and reporting the details of the Program work JABC conducts across the province. The position is full-time and based out of JABC’s Vancouver office.
The Program Administrator will be responsible for:
- Training and technical support of CRM system for all Program staff and maintaining the integrity of data collected
- Providing centralized administrative support to the Program Team across BC and executive support to Director, Programs
- General office administration
- Ongoing Program team file management
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end data and report reconciliation
- Maintaining volunteer Criminal Record Check files and renewals, and reference checks
- Daily transfer and file maintenance of all online volunteer registrations, teacher registrations, and new program enrollments
- Administrative support including student registration, volunteer administration and event day activities related to Program events such as TechWorks and Discover your Pitch
- Administrative duties associated with teacher-led programs including enrollment, educator communications, and reporting
- Coordinating the receipt of applications, general correspondence, and travel arrangements related to student scholarship and awards
- Front-of-office duties associated with receiving guests to the office, incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Support and assist with Staff Retreat planning and logistics
To provide JABC’s Program Team with excellent administrative support, this energetic individual needs to have:
- A great attitude: friendly, positive, “how can I help?”
- An independent work style: able to take the initiative, manage multiple duties and projects with minimal supervision, set and meet deadlines
- A team mentality- willing to lend a hand and also ask for assistance when necessary
- Strong listening, writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A love of databases and details- a commitment to “getting things right”
- Well-developed customer service skills: the ability to interact diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders and when necessary, provide direction/correction with kindness
- The ability to do some lifting, carrying and packing
- Flexibility - able to work the occasional evening or weekend around special events and reporting deadlines if necessary
- Good judgment: the ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Database experience is an asset ideally with Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) or similar CRM system
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, proof reading and customer service skills
- Sound ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects in a timely manner
- Proven ability to coordinate and foster a positive work environment; tact and diplomacy are critical
- Superb organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a small office environment
- Ability to work with changing priorities and a diverse group of people
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JABC?
Visit our website at jabc.ca to learn more about what we do, our programs, our Board of Directors and the Business Laureates of BC Hall of Fame. Also watch these videos: This is JA from JA Worldwide and Thank you to all JABC partners and Donors.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Deborah Wakeham, Director of Programs by March 27, 2019.