|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|LOFT Community Services||Casual / On Call||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-03-27||2019-05-26|
The Personal Support Worker – Relief, will provide assistance and support on a casual or as needed basis to men who are living with mental health and addiction issues and who have also been involved with the law, living in a male-only housing program. This includes assisting with personal care and homemaking, including meal preparation. The Personal Support Worker is responsible for assisting with the social/recreational program for the residents, accompanying the residents to medical appointments and working with community services associated with the personal support program or with partners, family members and friends. This person will also be required to monitor the activities of the residents, assess potential crisis situations, provide basic maintenance and cleaning of the building common areas, preparing/serving light breakfasts, supervise the property and keep an up-to-date inventory of supplies. In addition, the staff member will maintain the established routines of the program including all security, fire and general health and safety practices.
Note: Staff will be required, at times, to work in resident rooms and may be exposed to second hand smoke.
• Completion of a post-secondary education such as Personal Support Worker Certificate, Health Care Aide Certificate, Registered Practical Nurse Certificate;
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in providing personal support to vulnerable adults with special needs including addictions, cognitive impairments, justice involvement and/or mental health issues;
• Must have current Food Handling Certification;
• Experience assisting with medication administering;
• Ability to organize activities and work with individuals and groups;
• Ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner;
• Physically able to perform demanding body mechanics, (i.e. lifting, transferring, pushing, pulling);
• First Aid and CPR certification, knowledge of universal precautions;
• Good oral and written skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment:
• Able to handle stressful situations in a positive manner;
• Multi-tasking and time management skills related to organizing and prioritizing care.
TO APPLY: Send your Resume and Cover letter to: Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday June 28, 2019 by 5:00 pm
PLEASE INCLUDE “PSW - RELIEF STAFF” IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS.