1 Full-time Bilingual Youth Worker Permanent
2 Part-time/Casual Bilingual Youth Workers
Phoenix House for Youth Inc. is committed to improving the lives of all youth that are admitted into this Open Custody/Open Detention setting by creating life changing opportunities through the provision and delivery of the following programs and services both onsite and in community:
- Life skills
- Education programs
- Reintegration and community support programs, including outreach and aftercare
- Alcohol and drug treatment counseling and services
- Physical fitness and recreation programs
The full-time bilingual worker will be primarily responsible to work and support the youth through the delivery of evidence-based programs and in fostering relationships that encourage the clients desire to work towards changing their future. This includes ensuring that their daily living needs are consistently met.
University Degree or College Diploma or related work experience in one of the following disciplines: Police Foundations, Child and Youth Worker, Criminology, Community and Justice Services).
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Able to perform all work-related roles and responsibilities
- Must have own vehicle and valid Driver’s License with clean driving record (NO public transportation available)
- Ability to read, write and communicate in both official languages (French and English)
- Valid First-aid, CPR and AED
- Must be willing to work shift work (weekends/holidays – 6-week shift rotation schedule)
- Previous training in Suicide Training and/or ASIST is beneficial
- PMAB, TCI, CPI training is beneficial
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with high risk youth (community -based or residential programs) for at risk/justice involved youth
- Experience in development and implementation of programs
- Case Management Experience (Case Management Reintegration Plans/Plan of Care)
- Coordinating youth files, referrals and bridging services
- Using RNA (risk needs assessments) and various other reports/assessments to prepare goals and means of achievement to target risk areas.
- Attend/Host/Facilitate meetings/obligations involving client
- Updating/reviewing individual case plans
- Knowledge of the Strength Based Approach and Cognitive Behaviour Theory, in order to target/address risk/needs areas of the youth we work with
- Attend staff meetings and all mandatory training as required
- Ensure the safety and security of clients, staff, visitors and agency
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients, staff and agency.
- Provide counselling, direction, modelling and basic care to young persons
- Meeting deadlines (initiative/self-driven)
- Collaborative Approach
- Team Oriented
- Work efficiently under pressure
- Effective Relationship-building Skills (strong engagement and rapport building)
- Strong Organization Skills
- Communication (providing and receiving feedback)
- Strong written skills (documentation, rapports, following formation expectations)
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point
Please identify in your cover letter which position you are applying for.
Please no phone calls. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.