Are you looking for a job where you can put your administrative expertise to work while also changing the trajectory of one of the deadliest cancers? Then this role at Pancreatic Cancer Canada (PCC) is for you! PCC is comprised of a small, but dedicated team that is working hard to make a difference in the lives of pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. PCC punches far above its weight in the fundraising world by using daring, cutting-edge campaigns (such as the Assumptions Can be Deadly campaign - http://www.assumptionscanbedeadly.ca/) that unapologetically cut through the noise with the help of incredible corporate partners like TELUS, Google and Stand Up 2 Cancer. Our close-knit team believes that we can only make a true difference in pancreatic cancer if each of our team members are empowered to reach their fullest potential. That is why PCC is committed to a team that is collaborative, unified and fully supported through professional development. We truly value our staff, and in turn, this passionate group is making huge strides in the world of pancreatic cancer.
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant role is an ideal fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, can anticipate needs, and is highly organized. The Office Manager & Executive Assistant works directly for the Chief Executive Officer, ensuring the CEO is fully supported and that the organization operates smoothly.
- Providing administrative support to the CEO in the detailed management of schedules and the organization of meetings, including key communications and preparation.
- Filtering all incoming correspondence (phone and email), highlighting critical/important information, drafting responses, and acting on routine matters.
- Providing support to the CEO in workload prioritization and tracking/monitoring of all ongoing projects and communications.
- Ensuring the CEO’s travel arrangements, expenses and all other logistical matters are effectively coordinated and managed.
- Understanding and anticipating the needs of CEO.
- Providing other administrative and project management support, including organizational event management support if needed.
- Drafting written documents including reports, letters, responses, memorandums and the preparation of presentation materials while ensuring accuracy and appropriate presentation formats.
- Coordination of Board of Director meeting logistics (dissemination of documents prior to meeting, organization of meeting location and invitations etc.), and minute-taking at all Board meetings.
- Supporting the development of key office process and projects to ensure the efficient running of the organization.
- Management of all operational accounts to provide smooth office functioning.
- Liaising with Treasurer and accountants on financial tracking and reporting.
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University Degree or Community College Diploma with a minimum of 3 years of experience in assistant role for C-suite level or executive.
- Extremely nimble in a fast-paced environment, and able to prioritize multiple priorities and deadlines, with flexibility for common last-minute requests and changes.
- Proven ability to work proactively and on own initiative with the goal of efficiency and streamlining overall operations.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build relationships quickly across all stakeholder groups.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with high standard of computer literacy including all Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word etc.).
- Good written and numeracy skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project planning and coordination skills, with the ability to plan and organize high level events, meetings, and receptions.
- Highly resourceful and strong ability to think outside the boxes when problem solving.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.