Our Client is seeking a progressive minded and disciplined leader to be the key driver in the growth of a respected and visionary community-based Foundation. The organization is now poised to grow across the Simcoe region in accordance with a new Strategic Plan and objectives adopted and approved by the Board of Directors.
As the Director, Revenue Development, you will be part of a socially innovative and inclusive organization inspiring people of all ages and abilities to enrich their lives. You will lead the overall strategic management of a sustainable revenue development program that raises funds to support a sister social services organization. The organization supports children, youth and adults with developmental support needs by delivering children’s early intervention, residential, social, transitional, host family, and employment services.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will be accountable to both the CEO and the Board President. The newly created role of Director, Revenue Development will be critical for achieving the Foundations goals. You will have the vision, the passion and the communication skills to increase our client’s overall brand exposure and identity, to implement and evaluate strategic and tactical revenue plans, and to meet or exceed new revenue goals that support their short and long-term goals. You will work closely with a Community Engagement Coordinator. In the initial phases, the Director of Revenue Development will take a “roll up the sleeves” approach to generating revenues--engaging stakeholders, championing and sharing the values, programs and services of the organization.
- Accountability for increasing the organization’s capacity to grow revenues and meet/exceed specific, measurable income goals (over and above core recurring revenues).
- Development of an annual tactical revenue development plan with defined action steps, a realistic timeline and clear goals for presentation to the Foundation Board of Directors and CEO.
- Preparation of budgets and balanced scorecard metrics related to the revenue development plan.
- Design and implementation of all fundraising plans for annual giving, capital giving, and other fund development projects.
- Participation in organizational programming, operations, budget planning and management as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Be the sole lead in the implementation of a Revenue Development Plan.
- Manage and oversee of all cultivation, solicitation, and donor/sponsor/partner relations strategies and activities.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects/donors and oversee staff and Board portfolios to ensure appropriate acquisition and cultivation of all prospect/donors.
- Work closely with the Board President, Foundation Directors and CEO to assist with cultivation, solicitations and stewardship.
- Create and nurture a “culture of philanthropy” and awareness that securing the resources necessary to fund the organization is “everybody’s mandate”.
- Develop an innovative and dynamic approach to strategic corporate partnerships.
- Build community relations and serve as a community liaison when necessary in partnership with the Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Foster the growth of best practices in gift processing, data management and donor communications.
- Develop public relations, advertising, marketing and communications strategies, plans, and collateral that support revenue generation efforts.
- Lead, manage and actively engage in extraordinary stewardship of partners, sponsors and donors, creating positive and enduring relationships that produce reciprocal benefits.
- Oversee corporate fundraising campaigns to achieve and exceed goals where required.
- Oversee grant development including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement fundraising training for Board Directors and other key volunteers.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of current best practices, rules, policies, guidelines and procedures related to fund development activities, and ensure that all development office conduct, activities, systems, and procedures that strictly adhere to the highest ethical, accounting, reporting and any other applicable standards.
- Implement fund development client relations management systems to support all fund development projects and operations.
- Oversee the production of all revenue development-related publications and collateral and website content.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably a Bachelor of Business Administration. Masters Degree preferred.CFRE accreditation is required.
- 7-10 years of professional experience including business management, corporate sponsorships, revenue development, sales, fundraising, with increasing levels of responsibility. Proven experience in managing all aspects of revenue development.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of for-profit as well as not-for-profit best business practices.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis in a not-for-profit environment including not-for-profit revenue streams.
- Proven experience in building strategic collaborative partnerships with shareholder corporations.
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting sales and revenue development goals required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining professional, productive working relationships with Board members, donors, volunteers, and community stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of fundraising including planned giving vehicles.
- Demonstrated success in major gifts solicitation.
- Previous special events, capital campaign, and planned giving experience.
- Knowledge of communications/marketing, public relations, and advertising as it relates to revenue development.
- Strong experience with information systems (donor databases, CRM systems).
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Self-starter, a builder and thought leader with strong initiative, creative ideas, enthusiasm, and focus.
- A warm, dynamic and engaging interpersonal style, with a strong ability to grow and nurture relationships within the community.
- Strong leadership skills balanced with being an effective team player.
- Desire to work effectively with and value people of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Emotional maturity, good judgment, professionalism, respect for confidentiality and the ability to make wise decisions and represent the organization with honour and integrity at all times.
- Outstanding listening, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize duties and multi-task within a complex, fast-paced, rapidly changing work and funding environment.
- Computer proficiency, including the Microsoft Office suite, fundraising databases, Internet searches, website navigation and social media.
- Comfort in working with C-Suite executives and high net worth individuals.
- Some flexible time required for evening/weekend meetings and events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to travel locally and occasionally provincially.
- Satisfactory background check, including but not limited to a police criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive compensation package will be offered including salary, benefits and performance-based bonus.