A Vocation in Marketing and Development
Can you say yes to the following:
- I am breathing?
- I have a pulse?
- I am living?
If so, we are praying for you to answer this ad!
Have you ever looked at the world and exclaimed, “It shouldn’t be this way!" Have you ever said to yourself, “That isn’t right, surely there is something that can be done?"? We Have.
Here is an opportunity to use your skills to help bring healing to a broken world. You are breathing with the life that God gave you and want to make a difference. You are seeking to walk in the light of the grace you have received. You have a pulse on what is happening now (and the shift that is about to happen) in marketing and fund development. Your joy meets the needs of the world, that's vocation!
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
CBM is seeking for a Marketing and Development Coordinator who will be responsible for creating brand messaging, positioning and value propositions for CBM’s activities and programs. These skills will be used by the Content and Design Team, as well as Church Engagement Teams to create compelling donor experiences which engage Canadians in the global initiatives of CBM.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Marketing and Fundraising Campaign Coordination
- Oversee the development of marketing campaigns and drive timelines to ensure due dates are met.
- Understand the constituency and the donor experience with CBM.
- Develop and launch compelling positioning and messaging content to support campaigns and new projects.
- Coordinate the design and production of direct mail and department promotions and campaigns in-house and with third-party suppliers.
- Continually review and update donor-facing materials, with latest details to ensure they are current and relevant.
- Provide revenue stream evaluation at the end of each campaign/project.
- Ensure the timely distribution of fundraising initiatives.
Digital Media Support
- Implement, monitor and measure social media engagement.
- Tracking and reporting on website traffic, social media campaigns and all digital media activity.
- Promote CBM’s brand values with its donors, churches, and professional associations through speaking and written communication.
- Regularly review CBM’s website content and update as needed.
Content Design Team Support
- Encourage product or process improvements based on that knowledge.
- Develop new systems to improve the customer experience.
- Maintain integrity of the donor database as it pertains to resource distribution.
- Answer and/or redirect communication email.
- Answer donor phone inquiries and orders for resources.
- Monitor, record and oversee the distribution of communications materials – may be done through the use of volunteers and other office staff as required.
- Help with special events as requested (equip, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see /www.cbmin.org/our-story/what-we-value/)
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement and Child Protection Policy.
- A strong commitment to social and economic justice; Good understanding of Christian mission.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to frame issues for different audiences.
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment to achieve common goals on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, social science, business or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in marketing or fundraising coordinator position.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, advanced knowledge and use of databases, email campaigns and excellent knowledge of Office 365 Suite.
- Graphic design experience producing print materials and multimedia programs fundamental level Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Exceptional research, writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- An understanding of the non-profit and social services sector an asset.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a small, entrepreneurial team.
Why join the team at CBM?
- A chance to work in a positive work culture where employees are valued;
- A good compensation plan with benefits and a RRSP matching program;
- The opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the world;
To apply, please send Resume and Cover Letter e-mail to email@example.com.
The position will be held open until March 3, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.