|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Progressive Housing Society||Full Time||Manager (Supervisor of Staff)||072000CAD$0 - 72,000||2019-02-06||2019-03-01|
An exciting, ground-breaking opportunity to become part of a professional leadership team dedicated to making a difference in the community. Plans, organizes, directs, and administers provision of the 24/7 Residential Supportive Housing facilities. The Operations Manager is responsible for daily operations of the program, staffing and personnel, and ensuring that program delivery is consistent with the policies, procedures, and Mission Statement of Progressive Housing Society. This is an exempt/excluded position.
1. PARTICIPATES AS A MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY LEADERSHIPTEAM IN ENSURING SERVICES AND FACILITIES ARE EFFECTIVE AND CONSISTENT WITH THE AGENCY MANDATE, PHILOSOPHY, CONTRACTUAL, BUDGETARY AND LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS BY:
– organizing, directing and managing the day to day operations of the programs
– developing long range and strategic workplans
– assessing and resolving operational issues and policies
– supervision, hiring, orientation, training and performance evaluations of program staff
– establishing and maintaining relationships with members of the Leadership team, individuals using the services, advocates, consumer family members, volunteers, community groups, staff and the general public
2. SUPPORTS THE LONG-TERM FINANCIAL VIABILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION WITHIN AN ENVIRONMENT OF FISCAL AND PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITY BY:
– managing the operating budget for delegated programs and making recommendations of budget needs
– supervising expenditures to ensure actual costs match budget
– preparing statistics for reporting on performance and spending to funders
– assists in the development of proposals and/or contracts with funding or potential funding sources as requested by the Executive Director
– organizing and participating in the implementation of fund-raising activities
3. OVERSEES THE DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS OF ASSIGNED PROGRAMS, TO ENSURE CLIENTS NEEDS ARE MET APPROPRIATELY BY:
– by performing assessments and coordinating the placement of clients referred in accordance with the Coordinated Access processes
– by monitoring the service delivery of workers for structure consistency, quality of guidance of clients and suitability of activities
– delivery of staff orientation and professional development
4. Ensures THAT ACCURATE PROGRAM AND CLIENT RECORDS ARE MAINTAINED IN A COMPLETE, USEFUL AND CONFIDENTIAL MANNER BY:
– developing standards for documentation and ensuring compliance to reporting guidelines using mandated systems (HIFIS)
– monitoring staff to ensure compliance to those standards
5. ENSURES THAT APPROPRIATE SYSTEMS ARE IN PLACE TO SUPPORT AND MAINTAIN THE AGENCY PROGRAMS BY:
– conducting quality assurance reviews and reporting any concerns, issues or barriers to the Executive Director
– discussion of problem situations, attendance at special case conferences and client discharge meetings
– develops, implements, and evaluates program policies, practices and procedures in conjunction with the Executive Director
– establishing and ensuring all professional, licensing or other accreditation requirements are in place to satisfy legal, regulatory and other requirements.
6. REPRESENTS AND ADVANCES THE NEEDS, WISHES AND BEST INTERESTS OF CLIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE BY:
– consulting with housing applicants and program participants regarding current needs
– Supporting client centred models of care including prevention, harm reduction and recovery following the core principles of psycho social rehabilitation and Recovery Centered Clinical Systems
– participating in appropriate associations, forums and networks to ensure clients needs are represented
– establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community agencies, government officials, associations and working groups
7. OTHER RELATED DUTIES
– May work direct service duties, provide after-hours coverage, work evenings and weekends, supervise volunteers, network and liaise with stakeholders, respond to urgent requests, provide coverage to Executive Director during absence and other appropriate management responsibilities as required and directed by the Executive Directors.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other related field preferred; may consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five years’ recent experience working with vulnerable adult populations including those affected with mental illness and other complex health conditions and homelessness.
3. Minimum 4 years recent management experience in similar environment overseeing teams larger than 10
4. Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and personal vehicle for business related purposes
5. Standard First Aid & CPR
6. Non-Violence Crisis Intervention Training
7. Naloxone Training
8. Trauma & Resiliency Informed Practice
9. Mental Health Recovery Model
10. Successful completion of a criminal record check
1. Well-developed oral and communication skills
2. Ability to create and maintain a team approach to program delivery
3. Demonstrated expertise in dealing successfully with persons with complex care needs
4. Strong background and working knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation processes
5. In depth understanding of administrative functions; budget preparation and financial management
6. Proficient in computer skills, including ability to use MS Office
7. Extensive experience and demonstrated success in time management, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building.
8. Ability to lead, coach, train and mentor staff and clients to achieve to the best of their abilities.
9. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with tenants, community groups, government agencies and the public.
10. Good problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
11. Demonstrated ability to take action in a crisis management environment
12. Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
13. Professional acumen
Please submit cover letter and resume
Only those shortlisted will be notified. Thank you for your interest in the opportunity