Bellwoods Centres for Community Living is a charitable, not-for-profit community-based organization committed to helping clients live independently, through providing personal support services, supportive housing, system navigation, innovations in independent living and education for seniors and adults with disabilities and/or other complex needs.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor of Support Services who will lead and support a team of Personal Support Workers to ensure the delivery of client-centered personal care services at a new supportive housing building and work collaboratively with others on the support team for the best integrated care experience for clients. The Supervisor of Support Services has a strong background in supporting a variety of client populations including adults with disabilities, seniors and clients with mental health challenges.
- Perform client needs assessments and reassessments (through the use of tools such as InterRAI CHA), ongoing case management, and care coordination.
- Work with clients to co-design care plans.
- Provide ongoing clinical support, supervision, orientation, education and training to personal support workers.
- Contribute to the delivery of support services through team building, excellent customer service, continuous quality improvement and risk management
- Support quality care and client/worker safety by managing a caseload of complex needs clients, participating in group supervision meetings and providing clinical consultation with the team as required
- Facilitate and support scheduling, payroll submissions and audits, performance management and quality monitoring of support services consistent with related service agreements and governing collective agreements while ensuring the health and security of clients and staff.
- Post-secondary education in either social sciences or a Degree in Nursing or Diploma/Degree in Practical Nursing or related field, combined with relevant work experience responding to diverse client services and/or relations challenges in a supervisor role;
- 3-5 years PSW supervisory and management experience, preferably in a related community support service unionized environment;
- Previous experience supporting the activities of daily living for adults with disabilities, seniors and/or clients with mental health challenges;
- Ability to balance many competing priorities at one time;
- Outstanding clinical assessment skills with good judgement in understanding clients’ needs and utilizing assessment tools (interRAI (CHA) system preferred);
- Previous scheduling experience of PSW staff within a related community support service environment, preferably including supportive housing;
- Knowledge and understanding of related legislation including the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulated Health Professions Act and activities of daily living provisions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal are necessary for effective interaction with all levels of staff, clients and other members of the public;
- Demonstrated competency with MS Office and related software applications is essential;
- Previous use or experience with data management systems such as MS SharePoint is an asset.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills in a management role within a leading healthcare sector organization.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls please, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.