Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA)
Based in Ottawa, ON.
Reporting to the Manager of Industry Affairs, and working alongside the Administrative Coordinator, the Customer Service Coordinator will assist with various customer support and administrative activities related to CWTA’s many initiatives and programs as required. In particular, the core function of this role will be to provide daily support for the Mobile Giving Foundation Canada (MGFC), CWTA’s charitable entity through which text message donations in Canada are made available for the benefit of other registered charities. As may be appropriate and required, the Customer Service Coordinator will share some of its responsibilities with MGFC’s Administrative Coordinator.
The successful candidate will have a university degree or other post-secondary certification; possess experience in business administration, clerical support, customer service or related fields; and, exhibit strong communication and time management skills.
The ideal candidate for this position is energetic, a creative problem solver and self-starter, effective on their own and as a part of a team, a leader who demonstrates initiative, and an individual who exercises careful attention to detail. Apply today to enjoy a flexible work environment, undertake a fulfilling role that brings wireless technology and charitable giving together, receive competitive benefits, and be a part of a rapidly evolving industry.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries from various stakeholders, clients, and donors in a professional and timely manner.
- Actively seek opportunities for speaking engagements and identify viable promotional opportunities/avenues to increase awareness of mobile giving in Canada; coordinate all activities related thereto.
- Provide guidance and education to charities through one-on-one tutorials, conference calls and in-person meetings; through the development, creation and distribution of reference materials, and careful screening of campaign activation requests.
- Compile, create and supply content for social media and all other creative communications.
- Compile data, collect relevant marketing and promotion information, and obtain necessary permissions to produce and publish case studies on charitable campaigns run by MGFC clients.
- Work with Common Short Code team in instances where a charity requires a Common Short Code for its initiatives.
- Conduct daily reviews of MGFC charities and validate charitable status, ensuring continued eligibility to run mobile giving programs.
- Maintain accurate records for all MGFC campaigns, clients and contact information.
- Support the successful completion of an annual audit through consistently applied record keeping practices and timely submission of required documentation.
- Coordinate monthly remittance activities related to the disbursement of text message donations to respective beneficiary charities after funds have been collected, reconciled and consolidated across wireless service providers.
- Oversee deposit schedule by ensuring all payments received are deposited twice monthly.
- Conduct outreach on past-due invoices, manage collection of accounts receivable, and ensure payments are tracked appropriately.
- Contribute to the development and successful execution of an annual outreach and awareness plan.
- Work with 3rd party technology team(s) to define project parameters, to understand and agree on project scope, to outline timeline and objectives, and to assign level of priority.
- Action 3rd party media monitoring and compliance notifications to address issues regarding online campaign promotion, through email and phone communication with clients.
- Assist with the onboarding, vetting, approving and processing of all new charity, mobile application service provider, and carrier applicants.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver quality results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage time and successfully deliver on expectations.
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset.
- Has a willingness to travel, attend conferences, deliver presentations, and speak publicly as required.
- Is mature, professional, positive and outgoing.
- Has a strong work ethic, is tactful, approachable, consistent and diplomatic.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Experience working in the charitable sector is an asset.
- Experience in a customer service related role is essential.