Job Posting: Member Services Coordinator
The Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association (VBGA) is located at VanDusen Botanical Garden, with the mission to engage people in the importance of biodiversity in their lives, and to foster a lifelong love of plants and gardens. The Association raises funds to support programs and activities at both VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory. Membership to the Association is growing, currently engaging and supporting over 11,000 members. The Membership Department is supported by committed volunteers and some part time staff.
We are currently recruiting for a Member Services Coordinator to compliment our current volunteers and staff and provide key support to the Membership Department. This is a permanent part time position working 21 hours a week Tuesday to Friday. Reporting to the Director of Membership Services, the Member Services Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of membership duties with a focus on member renewals, retention, recruitment, tracking, and reporting. The Member Services Coordinator will be responsible for membership related activities including data management, production of renewal letters and email, the generation of mailing lists and reports and administration of membership benefits.
- Provide a high level of customer service to foster strong relationships with members, non‐members, and stakeholders on the phone, in person, by mail or email.
- Prepare membership renewals and special appeals, including the preparation and distribution of letters and email correspondence.
- Process membership transactions over the phone or in person.
- Administer the membership databases, including overseeing data entry, imports and exports, cleanup, tracking and preparation of mail and email lists.
- Compile, analyze, and provide reports on membership composition and trends.
- Support the Membership Office and Visitor Centre Membership Desk by providing excellent customer service and process memberships as the need arises when volunteers or part time staff are unavailable and/or during busy periods.
- General administration of membership benefits.
- Train and assist new volunteers and part-time staff on database process and general administrative tasks.
- Support and assist with the bi-annual Volunteer/Staff team meetings including set up, scheduling and registrations for the event.
- Assist and support the annual/bi-annual Member Appreciation week including set up and all necessary tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Membership Services.
We are looking for an individual with:
- A Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or certificate in office administration, event management, project management, or volunteer management.
- 2+ years of experience in office administration, event/project management, volunteer management or a combination.
- 2+ years of customer service experience. The applicant must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of people in correspondence, on the telephone, and in person.
- An emotionally mature, self-motivated individual with sound judgement, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work under minimal supervision, and manage multiple tasks within a team environment.
- Attention to detail, high standards, and an eye for accuracy, especially error‐free data entry, and writing.
- Clear and accurate writing, editing, and verbal communication.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of member and organization information. Some knowledge of PIPA and CASL would be helpful.
- Excellent skills in Excel spreadsheet management and word processing.
- Some knowledge of email marketing platforms, for example Mail Chimp, along with social media experience and/or ability to work with software applications as such webinars, blogs, and google suite would be an asset.
- Strong experience with database software – for example Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, ActiveNet, or Better Impact.Familiarity with nonprofits and/or membership best practices, tools, and techniques is an asset but not required.The ability to work in a busy environment and meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines consistently.
- 21 hour work week Tuesday to Friday. Flexibility in working hours and periodic weekend/evening work may be required.
- Start date of February 18, 2019 or as negotiated.
- The incumbent will work in a shared office environment. The position is primarily non-physical.
How to apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by Thursday, January 24, 2019 to: Janene Preston, Director of Membership Services firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.