Ottawa Salus Corporation
Internal and External Job Posting
Finance Associate, Accounts Payable
Permanent (Non Unionized) Full Time
July 10, 2019
July 31, 2019
As soon as possible
The Finance Associate is responsible for Accounts Payable processing as well as supporting Payroll and Accounts Receivable through measurable outcomes and the positive achievement of the agency’s financial objectives outlined in the Salus vision, mission statement and strategic plan and supports the fiscal integrity of the agency by contributing to its high level of standard.
- Community College diploma in accounting
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting
- Experience with ACCPAC ERP and Microsoft Suites
- Experience in Ceridian Dayforce HCM an asset
- Experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
PRE HIRING REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic Certificates
- Criminal reference check
- Eligible to work in Canada
Placement in Quality Service Continuum
- Adhere to agency vision, values, mission and goals
- Know and adhere to relevant policies, procedures, ethics and code of conduct in application of responsibilities and contact with staff
- Participate in service improvement, planning and agency growth by actively contributing to team meetings, planning days and strategy sessions
- Understand and demonstrate in practice, confidentiality
- Support a positive image of agency internally and externally
- Act as an ambassador for Salus
- Verify all incoming payables for accuracy and have authorized by manager
- Categorize, code and match any supporting documents to all accounts payable invoices in preparation for entry into the accounting system
- Enter and post payables for payment to supplier
- Process cheques and EFT payments for signatures and associated filing
- Reconcile all corporate Visa cards monthly
- Update employee expense sheets monthly
- Breakdown all authorized payments (hydro/water/telephone/gas) enter in ACCPAC but do not post
- Reconcile Bank accounts for Group Homes
- Maintain Investment reports
- Reconcile petty cash boxes for Head Office and Rec Box
- Assist with donation database, which consists of all donations. Assist with third party and special events.
- Balance miscellaneous expense accounts in preparation for the year-end audit. Liaison with the auditors at year-end in preparation for the audited Financial Statements
- Copy Financial statement packages for monthly Finance and Investment Committee and Management team
Office and Administration:
- Attend meetings with the Finance Manager, the Administrative team and other meetings.
- Communicate key information between administrative staff and other staff and levels of management
- Assist in the administration/housing departments when necessary
Back Up For Payroll and Accounts Receivable/Month-End Closing Team Members
- Maintain and process a bi-weekly payroll for over 100 employees using a computerized payroll outsourced system which includes updating payroll deductions, special deductions, garnishees, group insurance, personnel information, etc.
- Prepare group insurance schedule for payment to Salus provider and employee deductions from payroll
- Prepare and submit WSIB remittances, Union Dues Payable and HOOPP pensions payable on a monthly basis
Accounts Receivable/Month-end Closing:
- Processing the monthly rental incomes, miscellaneous billings and vacancy invoices
- Prepare all bank deposits as required
- Prepare monthly vacancy summary & balance with financial statements
- Prepare and post extensive month end journal entries which include confirmation of all utility invoices with bank statement, monthly mortgages, bank charges, NSF cheques in preparation for the bank reconciliation
- Executive Director
- Finance Manager
- Other Finance Associates
- All other managers
- All other staff
- Demonstrates willingness and flexibility
- Demonstrates sound judgement and common sense in decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrates perseverance and patience
- Demonstrates timeliness
- Displays compassion and positive demeanour
- Displays non judgemental attitude and understanding
- Demonstrates sensitivity and acceptance of cultural morels and values
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proven ability to reconcile, calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computerized programs and in particular payables and receivables
- Knowledge of payroll principles and tools
- Demonstrates proficient to superior levels in computer skills, organizational and analytic abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and multi task
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Ability to complete work in a timely fashion
- Ability to adapt to new software and procedures with ease
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, French is an asset
Who are we?
- Ottawa Salus Corporation is a leading provider of supportive housing and a wide range of services for hundreds of individuals living with serious mental illness. Salus offers support services to hundreds of clients, and tenants so that they can live independently and with dignity. We are a highly respected, not-for-profit supportive housing organization with a great team of staff.
For more information about Ottawa Salus, please visit http://www.salusottawa.org
Why Work At Ottawa Salus?
Salus has a proven record of accomplishment of supporting clients and tenants with serious and persistent mental illness in the Ottawa area. The value of our work we provide to our clients and tenants is changing lives. The pride felt by our staff makes working here a fulfilling experience.
All that, plus we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Generous Health benefits and pension plan
- Free onsite parking
- Compressed work week
- Flexible work start and end times
- Paid Vacation days
- A friendly team who create a great work environment
A fantastic office in Westboro giving you access to amazing people, networking, and social events.
The salary range for the position is $28.34/hour to $32.39/hour, depending on an individual’s relevant experience.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter by email to HR@salusottawa.org with subject heading “Finance Associate, Accounts Payable” by July 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ottawa Salus is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise in advance.