Middle Donor Representative
Location: 10 Carnforth Road, Toronto
Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Middle Donor Representative who will be responsible to increase donation revenue to the Canadian Bible Society (CBS) by initiating, developing and sustaining positive and mutually beneficial relationships with a designated group of assigned mid-level donors.
This includes implementing a defined donor engagement and communication plan under the direction of the Director of Development, Marketing and Communication to achieve annual cultivation, solicitation and revenue targets.
- Manage 1,000 – 1,200 donors (annual giving of between $500 - $5000 per donor);
- Engage the donors, identifying those most likely to respond to personal engagement and establish and nurture a connection with them;
- Ensure donors receive enhanced and more personalized offers and supportive communications;
- Achieve a set target revenue annually (to be established each year);
- Plan and implement moves management strategies to ensure assigned mid-level donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential;
- Focus on securing support for the identified priorities of CBS;
- Reach targeted monthly, quarterly and annual cultivation, solicitation and revenue goals;
- Qualify list of donors to successfully migrate donors to proper treatment i.e. mass file, or pass to major gift donor file;
- Work with assigned major donor/regional fundraising reps to ensure proper relational treatment is given to donors once qualification has been secured;
- Manage account list of donors and execute communication strategy for donor engagement;
- Ensure strategic contact plans are in place and implemented for your top tier donors;
- Call and email donors for special projects (event invites, securing updated information, pledge follow up, etc.);
- Implement an outbound communication plan for donors, ensuring an appropriate number of planned communications per hour/day/week/month to reach target goals;
- Understand, assess and track donors
- Research individual donor history, including donation potential and relevant information to develop a comprehensive donor profile
- Maintain regular and accurate donor communication and revenue reporting applicable systems
- Collaborate with Mass and Major Donor programs on donor migration
- Identify potential major donors and planned gift prospects
- Learn of the work of CBS in depth, and actively stay abreast of program activity in relation to donor interests in order to provide relevant and meaningful information or arrange referrals/appointments with program experts where required;
- Collaborate with relational fundraising team members to elevate performance across the board;
- Collaborate with team to identify and refine best practices;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising, advancement or donor engagement capacity preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to stay focused and committed while cultivating ‘slow to develop’ relationships;
- Undergraduate degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Strong professional relational/customer service orientation;
- Skillful communicator, able to establish relationships over the phone and via email;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, setting own daily agenda of planned communication;
- Strong writing, time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite/Outlook 365
- Willingness to travel occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
As we celebrate 110 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures. We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas.
If you are interested in joining our growing team at this exciting time, please forward your CV along with a cover letter in detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to email@example.com by June 28th 2019.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the CBS. All offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check.