The Association of Professional Geoscientist’s of Ontario (APGO) was established in 2000 to govern the practice of professional geoscience in Ontario and reports to the Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. The mandate of the Association is to protect the public and investors by establishing a regulated association of geoscientists with the power to admit only qualified persons, to encourage continuing professional competence, to discipline members for professional misconduct and to prevent unqualified individuals from practicing.
APGO is a growing, volunteer driven, not-for-profit association. The Association is involved locally, nationally and internationally with the public, members, government, and other regulators and associations.
We have an exciting opportunity for the position of Assistant Registrar to join our Downtown Toronto office. Reporting to the Registrar, the ideal candidate will have in-depth understanding of how members and Associations work, specifically membership applications, services, information and retention.
Your position responsibilities will be:
- Assists with processing of new applications of potential members for the Association;
- Reviews and verifies information on applicant documentation;
- Deals with outside agencies in order to verify applicant certifications and credentials;
- Processes and ensures documents, annual fees and dues are received from the members for the registration process via credit card form, cheque or online payments;
- Enters and maintains applicants and members information into APGO database;
- Creates reports on applicants who are missing documents and payments for the Registrar;
- Supports the Registrar by organizing and preparing all Registration Committee meetings including meeting date, location, catering and attendees;
- Prepare applicants package for review by Registration Committee;
- Coordinates with outside agencies for member certification and exams;
- Organizes, coordinates and proctors APGO exams;
- Produces reports and communicates information concerning member data to the Association within established timelines;
- Assists with all applicant and membership communication including questions, inquires, status of application (approved, denied or deferred);
- Manages and oversees the membership renewal process;
- Verifies academic assessments by reviewing transcripts and verifying credentials;
- Ensures members are completing the required hours by tracking and auditing online system;
- Creates policies and processes concerning APGO membership;
- Initiates and oversees membership development and retention programs;
- Oversees and manages technical examinations for applicants to meet membership criteria;
- Manages invoices for new members and process the payments and overdue payments;
- May also represent the organization at designated events and other industry trade shows.
You will need:
- To be a registered licensed Professional Geoscientist;
- A minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of relevant work experience;
- A Post-Secondary Education (University Degree or a College Diploma) in Geology, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related discipline;
- Experience with regulatory authorities and government is as asset;
- Experience with Membership Databases (Mpower) is an asset;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong Communication skills (listening, verbal, written and presentations);
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to Multitask;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
Why you want to work here:
- Small, highly professional team environment;
- Opportunity for advancement within the Registrar function;
- Competitive salaries based on performance, experience, skill, and level of contribution;
- Flexible work hours;
- Professional development.
Join the team!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline to apply is March 29, 2019.
Recruiters not required at this time.