Podium Conference Specialists is a strongly connected, personable team with a love of planning. As a member of the International Association of Professional Congress Organisers (IAPCO), we pride ourselves on delivering quality services with honesty, attention to detail and responsiveness. Our success stems from our relationships with our clients. Because we ARE our clients, we treat all such relationships as one team, support our clients’ goals and genuinely enjoy seeing clients relax, have fun and do what they do best. We are looking for an enthusiastic new team member to help us build connections and communities that may not have happened otherwise.
As the Association Coordinator you will be working closely with our Conference Managers to coordinate the Association affairs of the national and international Societies we manage. This new role is a great opportunity to play to your strengths. Here are a few we are looking for:
- COMMUNICATION: Communication is key in our workplace. Our team members have excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- COLLABORATION: We have a strongly connected team because of our communication, responsibility, and the freedom to take ownership.
- RELIABLE: Can we count on you? With important scientific collaborations and breakthroughs on the line our clients rely on us to do our job, so they can do theirs.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: Strong organizational skills with the ability to re-assess priorities and juggle multiple projects is imperative.
- PERSONABLE: Our staff are authentic, relaxed, flexible and warm professionals with personality.
Below is a summary of your day to day tasks as Association Coordinator.
- Communicate regularly with Conference Managers regarding on-going Association affairs
- Provide day-to-day operational support to our clients’ Association matters
- Update and maintain Society filings with relevant jurisdictions
- Develop, maintain and coordinate Annual Board calendars;
- Monitor and update annual Society budgets;
- Coordinate, record and participate in Society meetings (i.e. Boards, Committees, AGMs);
- Coordinate calls for nominations and Board elections;
- Support the orientation of new board members;
- Manage membership campaigns for renewals and new sign-ups;
- Assist with the management of relations with official Society Journals;
- Coordinate the design, production and printing of Society marketing materials;
- Create and send on-going communications to members
- Handle other association correspondence and promotions as directed
- Ensuring insurance (D&O, GL) and any required licensing are kept current
- Coordinate grant applications, and advertising and sponsorship programs
Salary & Benefits:
- De Armond Management Ltd offers a competitive salary and employment benefits package.
Hours of Work:
- Full time, Monday to Friday;may involve weekend work and/or travel
Commencement and Term:
- This position is available immediately.
- Company President (Marischal De Armond)
- Previous experience in managing scientific, research and/or academic societies or associations;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong understanding and experience managing basic Association affairs, including membership support, annual meetings, officer elections and other related activities;
- Strong budget development and management skills;
- Focussed, strategic approach to revenue generation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to re-assess priorities and juggle multiple projects;
- Creative problem solver;
- Ability to create and manage project planning systems;
- Collaborative team player with a strong customer service orientation and values-based attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on events with finite completion dates;
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft 365 environment including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Professional presence in all aspects of position requirements.
Preferred Qualifications: (Non-Essential Assets)
- Post-secondary education in Association or Project management or business;
- Fluency in additional languages;
- Proficiency in basic website maintenance (WordPress), Social Media and communications planning;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint;
- Experience working with Conference Manager Software, and Direct Marketing & Polling tools (myEmma, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp);
- Comfortable working in a PC environment.
This is a unique and sought-after position with many perks. Our picturesque office setting, casual and relaxed work environment, national and international clients and a full benefits package will help make your time at Podium satisfying, challenging and fun! Let us know what makes you awesome and why you would be a great addition to our team. Along with your resume and cover letter please include links to any work you would like to share with us.