|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Bleecker/Wellesley Activity Network||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2019-08-08||2019-10-03|
SENIORS LUNCHEON: If you are looking to work with fun people and an opportunity to have fun and laugh while working, we are for you! If you are looking for volunteering for small patches of time (4 or 5 hrs) but get GREAT personal satisfaction... then we are for you!! This position is for 3 days a month only. No less. If you want to make a huge difference in someone's life....... then this volunteer job is for you!!! Right now due to university schedules we are a couple of people shy of the 10 people needed to keep our doors open! I promise you, this is a very satisfying volunteer job and a lot of fun as well. Here is the monthly schedule:
- Assisting with food preparation, serving a meal to seniors and disabled and clean up on the second Tuesday of each month - 10:30 am up to 3:00 pm
- Setting up the room and assisting with food prep and our free fresh produce project on the Wednesday (the day prior) to the last Thursday of the month - 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm (at the latest)
- Assisting with food preparation, serving a meal to seniors & disabled and clean up on the last Thursday of the month - 10:30 am to 3:30 pm (time we start depends on the meal we are serving)
For more information please email - firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to let us know you are applying for the meals position. Send a brief resume and if you don't have a resume, please tell us a bit about yourself. Please note: Actual Food Preparation requires Food Handler Certification. If you don't have this you can still volunteer. You can help with food prep, just not actual cooking. If you can take direction or even work on your own and with others, then you are who we are looking for!
Volunteers are much needed right now. Several of our volunteers have had to step down due to health or age issues or new jobs and changing university schedules. We can't keep going at the pace we normally do and will have to shut our doors after 30 years if we don't get some responsible, reliable volunteers. If you can help, please call or even just point out our request to your friends :-) Thanks. This is a 3 or 4 day a month position. Sorry we cannot do one day.
- Please take the time to google our address so you are aware of any distance. The nearest main intersection to us is Sherbourne & Wellesley St. We are right downtown Toronto.
- Also, please be sure you can commit to this volunteer position. We have had some difficulties with people not showing up and although this is a volunteer position, it's still important. Please note this is a long term volunteer position of at least 3 months but we would prefer 6.
We will guide you in respect to duties and show you where things are, etc., but you should be able to work with others and/or by yourself doing a particular job. It is on the job training and a supervisor is always there for support.
English; and any 2nd language if you have one but a 2nd language is not necessary.
Close to subway station
Close to bus or street car stop
Free parking available but only for 2 hrs. You must then go out and move your vehicle.
How to Apply / Contact:
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested. Send a resume if you have one please and if not, let us know a bit about you. Include your phone number. Please also mention which position you are applying for. We accept emails only for our volunteer positions.