Minds In Need of Attention (MINA): Community Advocators for Mental Health
MINA was established in December 2013, after the death of Mina to suicide on April 24th, 2012. Founder, Mariam with her family and friends established MINA:
- To raise awareness for mental health,
- To educate communities about the signs of mental illness and
- To collaborate with all sectors with the mission to build mentally healthy communities across Ontario.
For more information, please visit our website: mindsinneed.org
- Annual Come Fly Away Free Community Event
- Mental Health in Our Community Panel Discussions
- Puppy Yoga*
- Annual General Meeting*
Title: WORKING Board of Directors – Strategic Planning Committee
We are interested in candidates from various professional backgrounds including but not limited to: education, health, law, fundraising, public relations, and business.
- Directors are expected to attend all Board meetings as their input is essential and continuity from meeting to meeting is critical.
- Seek and develop an understanding of the current and future needs and issues related to the organization’s desired outcomes.
- Defining which needs are to be met, for whom and at what cost with respect to the organization’s purpose in the communities it serves.
- Develop long term outcomes that are consistent with the organization’s policies and bylaws.
- Review, understand and commit to the organization’s Board Orientation Manual.
- Assist in raising funds in support of the organization’s mission.
Please note, Minds In Need of Attention is a non-profit organization comprised of a staff of amazing volunteers. Our directors are a working board, not just a governing board.
- Attend board meeting held on the last Tuesday evening between 7:30pm to 9pm of every month (Location: Mississauga Central Library)
- Strategic Planning Committee duties for this term are to:
- Complete MINA’s CRA application in order to receive our Charitable Registration Number which allows us to write tax receipts.
- Complete MINA’s Strategic Plan for 2020-2025.
- Complete Grant Application for Seed Grant for Spring 2020 under the Ontario Trillium Fund.
Term: 1 year (February - November 2020) with the opportunity to be re-elected for another term.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.