|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-05-31|
City Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Gender and Communications Advisor, you support our partner's goals to encourage active participation from women in decision-making relating to the environment and at all levels of government, while also delivering training and workshops on improving communications. If you are passionate about women's issues and would like to be part of this initiative - this placement is for you!
Instituto Nacional de la Mujer is an organization focused on social development. They are responsible for formulating, promoting and coordinating advocacy work for the National policy for women and action plans for women's integration into sustainable development.
You will help the environment division of INAM in activities related to promoting gender-based analysis and gender inclusion, as well as enhancing the development of internal and external communication systems and materials. For this placement, you will assist and provide advise on the development and implementation of gender-based approaches on existing policies in different government departments.
Be part of this initiative and let's make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support in the implementation process of a gender-based approach in local projects.
- Revise gender-based approaches regarding current government policies and in other related-government institutions.
- Support in the delivery of workshops, networking events and activities of the Instituto Nacional de la Mujer (INAM) focused on active participation of women decision-making initiatives, regarding the environment and other focus areas.
- Support the partner's communications projects.
- Update the Partner's organization social media outlets: website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, Communications, Political Science, or Women Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in gender-focused analysis and studies and communication strategies
- Knowledge in preparing professional documents and reports (Gender-based lens)
- Experience working with social media and web page management
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2CjI4KT