|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-05-30|
Location Vientiane, Laos (with occasional travel to Savannakhet)
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a volunteer like you to help our partner capture stories through PhotoVoice to raise the voices of farmers- especially women, about the challenges they face in adapting agricultural practices to climate change effects. These stories will influence decision makers at a provincial and national level to better understand farmers situations, and change policies accordingly.
Initial photo and videos have been generated with Savannakhet University Students, so your rile will improve the quality of what is available as well as produce more photojournalistic material & footage.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review all resources already produced under PhotoVoice and make recommendations on upgrading the use of what has already been produced. This may involve further work with Cuso volunteers, IRRI interns and Savannakhet University Students
- Produce new photographs, footage, stories and transcripts from the field at Phailom climate smart village, and other potential sources suggested by the IRRI team.
- Compile, edit and consolidate materials to produce high-quality products and enhance Photo Voice outputs under the guidance of IRRI Laos
-Gather other stories on women’s leadership in climate change in liaison with the Cuso Laos office and SE Asia regional management team.
- Contribution to the wider Cuso Laos VOICE program- including collaboration with other volunteers, staff and relevant partners
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Journalism and Communications
Essential Professional Background:
- Photo Journalism
- Highly developed writing skills
- Production and multi-media
- Publishing and design
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2Cg9TDx