|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2019-05-10||2019-07-31|
Location Lima, Peru
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International is looking for a passionate volunteer to collaborate with the Centro de la Mujer Peruana Flora Tristán to develop and implement and improve their communications strategy
As a Communications Advisor, you will help expand the outreach and impact of Flora Tristian’s programs and projects that are focused on the well-being of women and girls in Peru. Aside from developing printed communications materials, you will provide technical assistance by training staff on how to conduct face to face interviews.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Develop a communications strategy to include the website and social media
-Provide training to staff on how to maintain the website.
-Develop and execute together with the team, the procedure for a study cycle for journalists.
-Prepare Gender-Based Violence briefing papers for external audiences.
-Support Flora Tristan and other institutions of the civil society in their campaigns against Gender-Based Violence.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Degree in communications, or other similar or similar disciplines
Essential Professional Background:
-Knowledge of and commitment to inclusivity
-Excellent interpersonal communication skills, to be able to communicate with people from different cultural backgrounds.
-Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2WAmZ71